Monday, May 28, 2012

Amy's Farm

My TMOM's group went on a field trip to Amy's Farm. I had known about this for weeks, I mentally prepared myself for what was to be expected. I AM NOT an outdoorsy kinda person in the least. I have severe allergies, I don't like being outside, I don't like the sun, I don't like plants, I certainly don't like bugs, animals are not on my list of favorite things, so why the heck am I going to a farm??? Because I don't want my daughter and son to be like me, so I am trying to get over all of my hang ups and do things that are outside of my comfort zone.


Man, oh man were my anxiety levels high... When we got there, it was everything I expected and prepared myself for. I strapped Trent into his Baby Bjorn and I held Taelyn's hand and the tour started. After about 5 minutes, Taelyn was over it. She wasn't really feeling the dirt we were walking on and wanted to be held, so I carried her until another mom, (Tracy) who was there with her 5 year old son took pity on me and offered to hold Taelyn the rest of the way. We learned about plants, we were able to pet animals at the petting zoo, we were even able to milk a cow. Taelyn was not interested in any of it, and to be completely honest, neither was I. I was hoping she would be like all of the other kids and really dive into petting the animals and involved in what was going on around her, but she was perfectly content with just observing her surroundings. Totally fine by me! I tried, that is all I can do. Secretly, I was overjoyed at the fact she wasn't interested, I just don't want to pass my issues on to her.

Taelyn in the petting zoo. I tired to get her to touch a sheep, she extended her index finger and tapped it and didn't want to do it again (That's my girl!)
Taelyn watching a HUGE cow
My Little Man was content the whole time despite the heat
Tracy was actually able to get Taelyn to pet a horse, she immediately wiped her hand on her shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...