Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Flight Home From Alabama

The trip to Alabama was so smooth and easy, we thought the trip home would be the same.... SOOOOO NOT THE CASE. Our flight wasn't until 5:40 pm out of Atlanta, so counting the time difference, we left Eufaula early to make the 2 hour drive to Atlanta. The kids slept the whole ride. Taelyn didn't really eat much for breakfast, so I figured she would be hungry for lunch. We got to the airport 2 hours and 45 minutes before our flight, so we had lunch at Quiznos. This is not something my finicky eater was interested in, so she didn't eat again. We just hung out and talked and tried to keep the kids entertained. We walked laps with Taelyn in attempts to tire her out. Chaz, Jess and Trent before we boarded the plane
When we finally boarded the plane, Taelyn didn't want to sit. She was fussy and crying/whining. She whined pretty much the entire flight. I had snacks for her and that is all this poor girl ate all day. When we finally made it to Phoenix, there was a huge thunder storm and we weren't cleared for landing. We circled the airport for about 45 minutes before they decided that they were going to reroute us to Las Vegas. This whole time, we were battling turbulence and cranky kids, this was the worst combination. I opened the window and literally saw a flash of lightening go past my window! O_O Talk about scary! It was 45 minutes to Vegas and when we got there, they didn't let anyone deplane. We sat there clueless while they refueled the plane. There were 7 passengers whose final destination was Vegas, so they read of their names and they were able to deplane while the rest of us sat for nearly TWO HOURS since there was an over abundance of planes that were redirected there and refueled. Taelyn was NOT happy! It was another 45 minutes to go back to Phoenix. FINALLY both kids fell asleep. It was so late by this time, it was past their normal bed time. Fortunately, the plane we were on was the same plane we were taking to Ontario, so we didn't have to deplane in Phoenix. When they were done cleaning and boarding, it was 45 minutes to Ontario. Our flight was scheduled to land at 9pm we didn't land until midnight. It was a mess and I was besides myself with exhaustion, not to mention, I was STARVING! Todd stopped at Bakers before he picked us up. We were more than happy to see him. Taelyn was SO happy to see her daddy! All in all, this was the worst flying experience I have ever had. It was rough for me, but throwing the kids into the mix, whew! I'm just so glad that it is over and we made it home safely. Thank God for Chaz and Jess. There is absolutely no way I could have made this trip without them. They are truly a Godsend and my kids sure do love them. When Taelyn woke up in the morning, she was walking around the house looking for Tita Jess. It was sweet! I miss my Bama family, but I am SO thankful we are home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...