Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Why The Competition?

Disclaimer: I am really and truly irritated with someone and I am NOT going to name any names and if you have to ask if this is about you or someone like you.... IT PROBABLY IS!

I have this "friend" and I put friend in quotes because this particular person is so nice to me in my face and has nothing but sweet things to say to me, almost condescending. Also, everyone who is their friend and meets me for the 1st time, seem stand offish towards me, like they have a bad taste in their mouth and don't like me off the get go, then, when they do get to know me, they tell me, I am not at all how they thought I would be. Did someone paint me in a negative light? Misrepresented? I'm sure! This has happened on a few occasions.

So this particular "friend" seems to always be in some sort of non-existent competition with me. Things that don't even matter, or should not matter.
I love my husband--Nothing compares to the love I have for my husband.
My pregnancy was pretty awful--Really? Mine was a breeze.
I have to get a new car--Well, guess what, I'm getting a new car.
My baby stopped nursing on her own at 13 months (I was devastated, btw)-- I did it for 15 months.
My baby is so cute--My baby is cuter.
I'm a stay at home mom--Yeah, well, try working AND being a full time mom
I just bought my baby a new toy-- I bought the same toy, but I didn't pay as much as you did, you were ripped off!
My baby just counted to 10--Well, my baby can count to 20 AND can say their ABC's while upside down swinging on a tightrope... Not exactly, but do you see how ridiculous that is?
I seriously could go on and on. Why the competition?

The bottom line is, I DON'T live my life in comparison to anyone else's life. (How exhausting would that be?) I don't brag or boast about what I am doing or what I have. If I do mention things about my life or my kids, it is because I am proud of the life I have, its not to hurt anyone's feelings. It is MY life and I am just like everyone else and I'm trying to live it in the best way possible. All I want, is to be a good person and I want to be surrounded by good and genuine people, if you aren't genuine... see those rocks? Kick em'! I don't want to make anyone feel badly about themselves. Why would anyone willingly put themselves through that kind of torture? There has got to be an underlying form a jealousy. That is the only explanation I can come up with. All I know is, if you are a good person, good things and good people gravitate towards you.

I have continuously prayed about this situation and it really just seems to get worse and worse, so I figure, I have to change my prayer so that instead of praying for people like this to change, what I am now praying for is, for it to not bother me. This way, I know that I am at peace and this person (or people like this) can live in their own misery without taking me down with them.

While I was in Alabama, Kathryn, Chaz and Jess said this all week and I find it to be so appropriate for this blog post: "HATERS GONNA HATE!"

2 comments:

  1. Interesting blog it doesn't sound life this person is much of a friend and maybe u should consider removing them from ur life negativity takes way to much energy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are headed in the right direction with your prayers. Read Luke 6:27-36. It seems like the less time you spend with this person (or these people), the better. But we're still called not just to be tolerant of "those people" and let them live in their own misery but to pray for them as well. I won't say its easy, or that I never fail at it, but that's our challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...