Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day has never really been a big deal to Todd and I, but this year was different. This year we have Taelyn! This little girl will never truly never understand the joy she brings her daddy and me. She really makes everything BETTER!

Our 1st Valentine's Day with our baby was a special one. I didn't know where we were going, or what we were doing, but I got us dress, me in a cute sequence blouse and Taelyn in a little white dress with flowers. We sat in the living room while Todd seemingly prepared sandwiches for a picnic. Well the cute heels I was was gonna wear with my outfit were out of the question when he busted out the picnic basket, that I forgot we even had. It was sunny and looked like it was warm out, so I thought we were dressed appropriately. We got in the car and headed up to Oak Glen. In the car, I looked at the temperature and it said 58 degrees.... It felt way warmer, so I didn't say anything. As we continued to drive, I watched as the temperature dropped. It went from 58 to 55, to 49, to 45, when we got to a beautiful sunny picnic area, the temperature read 40 degrees!!! (gulp) How was I going to tell Todd, there is no way Taelyn and I are getting out of the car in this weather. We weren't dressed for that kind of cold. Thankfully, my husband knows me better than I know myself and said, "Maybe we should find somewhere that is warmer for the baby." "YES!" I nearly shouted. So we ended up at Sylvan park near our house and it was just as beautiful and sunny, but most importantly, WARMER!

We enjoyed our sandwiches and talked and tried our best to keep Taelyn on the blanket. It was such a beautiful day, but because we were sitting in the shade, I still felt like it was too cold for Taelyn, so I changed her out of her cute dress and put her in some jeans and a long sleeved shirt with a "librarian" sweater as Todd likes to call it oh and her Stride Rite sneakers. She is a cutie no matter what she is wearing. (Not biased at all) I'm just glad we had the extra clothes in her diaper bag. I try to be as prepared as possible before leaving the house. After our lunch we took Taelyn to play on the swings and the slide. She seemed to enjoy herself. She was pushing against my hands to make herself go higher, mommy is still scared and doesn't want her to go too high. Daddy who seemed to be fearless pushed her really high! That is when we got the really good smiles, or she was laughing at mommy's horrified face.



Next was the slide. She walked up (with my assistance) and we went down the slide together while Todd waited at the bottom and took pictures of us.

After we left the park, we went to get a few things for Taelyn's birthday party. I am doing a "Candy Land" themed party, Lord help me because I don't have a creative bone in my body and I am making her invitations and her banner for the party. If anyone has any ideas, they are more than welcomed to comment. I can use all the help I can get. We had a great Valentine's Day as a family of three!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...