Monday, February 7, 2011

No Sick Days

Now that I am a stay at home mom, I have realized that when I am sick, NOTHING gets done! The laundry piles up, breakfast, lunch AND dinner don't get made, toys don't get put away, the floor doesn't get swept, Taelyn doesn't even get dressed for the day. I LOVE my husband, but these are truly things he doesn't even think of doing. I tell him what he needs to do and what needs to get done, and he does them, but not in a way that I want it done. Todd is an amazing provider and a fantastic daddy, but when it comes to housework ummm.... not so much.

Todd did go grocery shopping and buy me soup and medicine to help my healing progress faster, but unless I TELL him what needs to be done, (and how to do it) he would just continue to go on his merry way. The times that I am sick are far and in between, but this last time was a doozey. I couldn't even breathe and every time I even stood up I would get dizzy. My mom came over and took care of me and Taelyn one day and another day I had to call Todd at work and tell him to come home because I couldn't safely care for Taelyn. Talk about feeling like a failure. I am feeling better now, but not 100% yet. I have just learned that I have to do whatever I can to stay healthy because MOMS DON'T GET SICK DAYS!!!!!
I usually keep them in the hampers, but laying it all out puts it into perspective.

Taelyn found her favorite blanket in the pile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...