Thursday, February 3, 2011

Taelyn's Room

Taelyn is 10 1/2 months and was still sleeping in our bedroom in her pack and play, next to our bed. I just have not been able to let go. Her room is ALL the way across the hall from our bedroom so it just seemed soooo far away. I told Todd, my husband that come January we are going to put her in her beautiful nursery, that has been ready for her even before she was born. So January came and went and she was still in our room.

Last night, for the 1st time ever, we put her in her own room to sleep. She went right to sleep at 8 pm just as she always does. She didn't cry or fuss, she is just an angel that way. At 2:24 am, I heard her stirring in her bed, not crying, but moving around, sort of whimpering. (Thank God for video monitors!) I made the motion to get her, and Todd grabbed me and said wait to see what she does. She cried for about 12 minutes and by 2:36 am, she was snuggled with her blankie and sucking her thumb falling back to sleep all on her own. My goodness, do I have a perfect little girl, or what? She is truly AMAZING!!! Even more amazing is she didn't wake up until 7:50 am. She was happy and babbling away in her crib, in her own room. I missed her last night, but I do have to let my baby go, just a little bit. It is really hard for me to have her so far away. I had a rough nights sleep because I was watching her sleep on the monitor. Tonight will be a better night for me, I'm sure :)


3 comments:

  1. hey hi.. pics are amazing.. ur lil doll is so cute..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! Congrats on making it through the first night, good job mama :)

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...