Sunday, May 8, 2011

Pacquiao Fight

I, by no means am a fan of any kind of fighting. I don't like UFC, I don't like boxing, but for some strange reason, anytime the Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao fights, I HAVE to watch it. I just like him, I like his story, I guess I am a little biased because I am Filipino. This fight, we had plans to go to a friends house, but I was getting phone calls, texts, and emails asking if we were going to get the fight. I said no to everyone because we had plans on going somewhere else. After evaluating the day I was going to have with my monthly Sorority meeting, a Bridal Shower AND a baby shower, I just thought that having the fight at my house was just way too much for me to take on.

So late Friday night, not even 24 hours before the fight, I decided that we HAD to have the fight, we could make it work. So I sent out a mass text to our friends and family letting them all know we were going to get the fight. I decided I was NOT going to cook, I just didn't have the time, we would order pizza and just have chips and dip. Usually for the occasion I would do a typical Filipino feast with fried rice, lumpia, adobo, pancit, etc, but I just wasn't feeling it.

Saturday morning,I woke up early, got Taelyn ready, dropped her off at my mom's house so I could go to my meeting at 10am. I didn't get out of my meeting until almost 1pm. I had to pick up Taelyn and get to my dear friend's bridal shower. The shower was great, I stayed probably longer than I should have because I had a baby shower that I had to get to as well. After leaving the bridal shower, I made the executive decision that I just didn't have the time to go to the shower :( I will have to give them their gift another time.

I honestly didn't think that we would have very many people over since it was so last minute and a lot of people didn't respond to my text, but I was pleasantly surprised with all the people who showed up.

I LOVE seeing the plethora of shoes at the door :)


All of the seats in the living room were occupied we started taking up the floor space



All of the seats in the dining room were taken too :)


The bebes were preoccupied in Taelyn's play room. They all played really well together.



So my plan of not cooking didn't really pan out, I had some request that I had to fulfill. I made pigs in a blanket, strawberry cupcakes, cookies and a 7 layer dip. I didn't make any Filipino food, but it was still really good :) Everyone seemed to enjoy it because I didn't have ANY leftovers. Whoo hooo, I hate leftovers.




We DID have the traditional Filipino BEER, San Miquel, thanks to BevMo! I don't like beer (and can't have it anyway). The 24 pack that we got was demolished by the end of the night.

PACQUIAO WINS and we had another successful DiMillo Shindig. Not a bad turn out for a last minute thing.

1 comment:

  1. Is UFC the cage fighting or regular ring boxing? Tim & I have watch cage fighting with friends on pay per view. Intense fighting but I am actually starting to know the fighters too. It's crazy but true street fighting with rules...if that makes sense and the fighters are amazing. Some of them are over 40 and still come out fighting to win which is really amazing. But their ears, you can tell they have been in many a fight.

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...