Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

My morning started off later than usual since we had the Pacquiao Fight at our house the night before. We didn't go to sleep until late and surprisingly Taelyn slept in until 8am. She usually wakes up at 7am no matter what time she goes to sleep. My brother Richard spent the night and he and Taelyn shared some sweet moments while watching morning cartoons.


When Todd finally woke up, he and Taelyn gave me my Mother's Day cards and gift.






After I read my sweet cards and opened my gift certificate to get a massage (THE BEST GIFT TO EVER GIVE ME!) Todd took over my breakfast duties of feeding Taelyn and getting her ready for the day while I relaxed, read blogs, updated my blog, had an uninterrupted meal of leftover pizza, got ready and ran an errand. It never ceases to amaze me how much I can get done when I have help.

By the time I got back home, it was time to pick up the food we ordered from Famous Dave's and head over to my mom's for brunch with the family. We ate and hung out. Just enjoyed having family time.




My mom played with her grand babies. Taelyn loves going in between her bar stools so my mom sat on the floor to hang out with her in her favorite spot.



My mom was then trying to teach Maya and Leah how to blow bubbles with bubble gum. Maya got the hang of it right away, Leah still needs some practice.




My brother, Russell, is turning 40 in June, so we were going old pictures to put together a photo montage and found this one of my Auntie Ludy with me and my brothers.


For the most part the day was nice and relaxing, but by the end of the day I started feeling sad, I don't know why exactly, but I just got an overwhelming feeling of sadness. Last year since it was my 1st mother's day I was showered with love from everyone in my family, this year, for some reason I felt like I wasn't even acknowledged, but anyone other than Todd, and he didn't really pay much attention to me either. He didn't go above and beyond to help me with Taelyn or anything for that matter. It wasn't until we left my mom's house that I realized I didn't get a card from anyone in my family and seriously, a card is the most thoughtful and easiest thing to give anyone.

The straw that broke the camel's back and opened the flood gates happened on the drive home. I realized I was only in 3 pictures out of the 67 pictures that were taken throughout the day. I had NO pictures with my mom at all and the 2 pictures of me an Taelyn was in the morning when she gave me my mother's day cards. (See above) I was SAD!!! I didn't get any help with bath time and put Taelyn to bed, as I usually do. It just seemed to be a regular day. I ended my night in bed and cried myself to sleep. I don't know if it's my pregnancy hormones, but I do feel better this morning and a bit silly for being so emotional last night. Really the only thing that made me feel better is I felt the baby move in my belly for the 1st time :) That made me happy and put some things in perspective. I don't need to be praised, but it is nice to feel appreciated sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Awe dont feel sad you have such a wonderful family and such great people around you that im sure It was just an oversite on their parts. sometimes we tend to overlook those that mean the most not intentionally its just we take them for granted sometimes. Congrats on your pregnancy Taelyn needs a sibling.

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...