Monday, May 2, 2011

Busy Weekend

My weekend started on Friday, I had TMOMS in the morning, which was very much needed. I really enjoy the ladies at my table, they really uplift me in a way I don't think I can even articulate. Right after TMOMS I met up with Tiffani and Tylia for a nice lunch at Friday's at Victoria Gardens. We ate and walked around. It was really a beautiful day, to do just that, walk around and enjoy the gorgeous weather.


Taelyn and Tylia are really great friends. They interact so sweetly with each other. It makes me happy to see them play and babble. It really seems like they have real conversations. We sing "We are the best, best friends that anyone can ever have!" When we sing this, the girls look at each other and dance and smile. It is just the cutest thing.

When we left Victoria Gardens, Taelyn and I came home. While Taelyn napped, I made a dip and dessert for a gathering with my beautiful Sorors. When Todd got home, he told me that Lucas, the son of some friends of our is having a birthday party today at 5pm. I looked at the clock and it read 4:45pm. Are you kidding me? Taelyn was asleep, I was still in the kitchen finishing my dishes AND we don't have a gift. We made it work. I ALWAYS had extra greeting cards on hand, just in case. Todd filled out a card and we just put money in it. He took Taelyn and drove separately so that I could leave straight from the party. Here is a picture of Taelyn and Lucas, the birthday boy.



I enjoyed the rest of the evening with the illustrious ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha. It was really nice to hang out and reminisce about our younger days before careers, husbands and kids. Great times.

Saturday: We woke up, had breakfast and headed to Cal State to support AKA in the Relay For Life Walk. When we left there, we came home to pick up Todd and Kaleb, our God son. Taelyn was in her room for seconds while I put Kaleb's belongings in the next room. When I went to get Taelyn, this is what I found...



We had Kaleb for rest of the weekend so his mommy and daddy can go away for the rest of the weekend. I think that is necessary for any married couple. Todd and I were on double duty. Great practice since we need to start preparing for our little bambino in October. We went to the Big Cheese to celebrate London's 3rd Birthday. We had a hard time wrangling Taelyn and Kaleb in such a busy place. There were just so many kids there. It was overwhelming. We didn't stay long because we had another party to get to. It was Anthony, one of my oldest and dearest friend's 30th birthday. Anthony's house was a lot more relaxed. There were other kids, but it just was not as chaotic as the Big Cheese. We hung out and had a great time.

THEN after we left Anthony's house we came home and got the kids ready for bed. We put them in their pj's and walked across the street to JJ and Kellina's house (London's parents) We watched the UFC fight while all of the kids played nicely with each other. After the fight, we put the kids to bed and FINALLY passed out!


Sunday: We all slept in. After our busy Saturday, we just didn't want to wake up. Kaleb slept until 8 am and Taelyn slept until 9!!! When everyone was awake, we had breakfast and got the kids dressed and headed out to a park in Rancho Cucamonga for Tylia's 1st birthday. What a great time. It was windy, but the sun was shining, but it wasn't too hot. Kaleb had lots of room to run freely. Taelyn and Tylia were actually walking on the grass with all the other babies. It was fun times, we spent nearly 4 hours at the park. Adam and Alisia called and let us know they were home, so we decided to leave so we could reunite Kaleb with his mommy and daddy. When we got home, we said bye bye to Kaleb. We put Taelyn to sleep early and Todd and I hung out on the couch until we feel asleep. We had an amazingly busy weekend. I'm so thankful it is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...