Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day With Serena

Serena and me on my wedding day

Just after Taelyn was born


Celebrating Serena's wedding

Our 10 year High School Reunion



While I was in Seattle, I just had to kill two birds with one stone. I was there for my conference, but also one of my oldest and dearest friends moved there about six years ago and I have been meaning for the past six years to go and visit her, so now was my chance. I chose not to attend my day of workshops and spend an entire day with my friend. You know that saying, "A true friend is someone you can go months without talking to, and when you do, its like a day hasn't past since you last talked." That is Serena and me for sure. We are always in each others thoughts even though we don't talk everyday, when we do, its rare to have a moment of silence, and if we do, it is comfortable.

I have technically know Serena since 7th grade, but we didn't really become great friends until high school and even after high school we were roomies. We have seen each other through sickness, bad relationships, bad decisions, great decisions, marriage and babies. She is certainly one friend I would go to the moon and back for and I know I can receive the same love back. WE GET EACH OTHER. We have grown up together whether it was in the same house or a million miles apart. So I was ecstatic to be able to spend the day with her!

When she picked me up from my hotel, the moment she saw me, we realized we were dressed alike. We were both in a sundress with a quarter length sweater and sandals. I guess even though we haven't seen each other in over a year, we still seem to think alike. We decided to go to the coast to sight see. It was a GORGEOUS day! We joked that I brought the California Sunshine. We just walked and talked, when we got hungry, we ate outside at Red Robin. When we finished lunch, she took me to her house so I could see Gage, Tyson (my dog) best friend who he grew up with. It is because of Gage that Tyson thinks he is a BIG dog! Gage is a chocolate lab and was Tyson's BFF before Tony came along. Gage has a new brother Hank, the biggest dog EVER! Then we went to get our toes did. Then we went shopping at the huge mall near my hotel before I had to be back to my conference. We had an amazing day and she wore me out! I realized how much I miss my friend, but I am glad that I was able to spend the day with her.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...