Saturday, June 18, 2011

Russell's 40th Birthday Party


On June 11, 2001 my oldest brother celebrated his 40th birthday. Russell actually turned 40 on June 14th. His wife Gigi had planned a super birthday bash for him. She turned their backyard into a club like atmosphere. I am really sad to say that I only took 2 pictures with my camera, but we did have JessHekmanPhotography taking pictures and capturing all of the great shots. There were "Go Go Dancers" that were dancing and serving food to the quest. There was a bar with a bartender and an amazing DJ.

We had great fun. Todd and I danced pretty much all night. My mom and Eddie were there to take care of all of the grandkids in the house while the adults had a great time outside. I think it was nearly 1:30 in the morning when we finally decided to call it a night. If I was actually thinking, I would have packed bags and stayed the night, but we took that 30 minute drive home and I was in bed at about 2:30 am.... WAY past my usual bed time. It was so much fun and I sure did pay the price of dancing in 5 inch heels all night. I was so sore the next day, everything hurt. Being 5 months pregnant and completely out of shape really took its toll. Totally worth it though, my brother had a great time and I was so happy that we could share his birthday with him. Happy Birthday Russell, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...