Thursday, June 16, 2011

Noel and Mirasol's Wedding

Saturday, June 11, 2011 we went to a friend's wedding. I decided to wear a dress that was a bit revealing considering my boobs just don't quit, for someone normal, the dress would have not been that risque. When Todd saw the dress on me, he said, "You're NOT gonna wear that, are you?" I was a bit taken back because Todd NEVER comments on my choice of clothes... EVER! So I explained why I chose this because we were going to my brother's 40th birthday bash right after and I don't want to change into "club attire" so I tried to find something in between. Todd said the wedding was going to be "conservative." Point taken, so when we dropped off Taelyn at my brother's house, I asked Gigi, my sister in law if I could borrow a dress and we found one more appropriate.

Thank God we did! When we got to the wedding, we were separated from the men. The women sat on one side of the church and the women on the other... STRANGE! I didn't know what to make of it. We just went with the flow and the whole ceremony I was trying to figure out what religion they were. I was on Facebook (bad me *slaps hand*) I asked what people thought the religion might have been. I got Jewish Orthodox, Muslim, Roman Catholic, 7th Day Adventist, etc. We really couldn't figure it out. Later, speaking to Mirasol, she just said it wasn't the religion, it was just the way the church was.

The men on their side


It was a gorgeous wedding, I loved the colors. The bride looked amazing!



The reception didn't have any dancing or alcohol, so we were wondering what we were going to do. I like to dance, and Todd likes to drink, the only thing we both like is games, and that is what they had! I won a gift card to Starbucks for a Mirasol trivia question: How many sisters does she have and what are their names? I nailed it! We also came close to winning another gift card for How well do you know your spouse. We got 1 answer wrong out of 10. The winners were a super old couple who had been married for like 50 years, so I guess, I will take the "L" graciously, not something I do well. We had a great time, but we had to cut out early to get to my brother's party (Post to follow).

Congratulations Mirasol and Noel!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...