Thursday, June 9, 2011

Super Sketchy Hair Salon

Everyone who knows me, knows that I am LOYAL to my hair dresser (Maine) and I DON'T mess around when it comes to my hair. I don't wear makeup on a regular basis, I'm not really trendy when it comes to clothes, but really when it comes to my hair, I don't miss an appointment, and my hair is always on point. That is my only "thing" I love going to the salon, I love my talks with Maine and the people in the salon. I just enjoy the atmosphere and the feeling of being pampered. My favorite is the wash. I LOVE just being pampered. This is really one of the only things I do for myself.

SO, that all being said, after a few days in the Alabama humidity, my hair had, had it! Everyday that went by, my hair got worse and worse. The trip fell right in the time of my standing appointment with Maine. I thought that I could just hold off until I got home, but I did not anticipate the humidity. My awesome Mother-In-Love and Sister-In-Love, went to the "The Walmart" and started taking a survey on black people with good looking hair. They asked what salon they went to and who was their hair dresser. So after asking a few people, they kept getting the same name and salon, they wrote it down and brought it home to me to make an appointment. Divine Creations and Nicole... I was NERVOUS!!! I haven't had another person even touch my head in over 10 years.

After talking to Maine, we decided that I would get a full head curly weave so that my real hair would be protected in braids under fake hair. So there was no way, IF she was bad, she could ruin my real hair and years of Maine's hard work. I spoke to the hair dresser, Nicole and she told me what hair to buy and surprisingly it wasn't as expensive as I expected. The price I was quoted was not as expensive as I thought it would be either. This also made me nervous. So I just kept it pushing and went forth. When I got to the salon, this is what I saw.....

Ummmm.... this was not a salon at all, it was a house that appeared to be condemned. This can't be right, I seriously don't even know why I proceeded to go inside. I guess I was hoping the inside would be better, it wasn't. A woman was walking out as I walked in and her hair looked really good, so I thought that it must not be so bad.

I waited for about 45 minutes before I got to the wash bowl which really was nothing since I am used to waiting on Maine. The wash was great! She really massaged my head and it felt great. I was put under the dryer while she worked on other heads which is another good sign. She worked fast and good. She did like 4 people even before I got in the chair and they all looked really great, so I was feeling better about my decision of going into the house.


The ladies in the salon were really nice, the conversation was not bad, and she was quick with my hair. I was out of there in 4 hours total. The work was not bad, I am not saying that I don't like it, but because my real hair is so long, the hair looks big... lets just say I am not used to my hair being so big. Plus, that is a southern thing, big hair. Everyone really likes it, by the next day, it kind of grew on me. I am not happy with it, but it will do until the next time I can see my Maine Man. It is really not bad, it is just not what I am used to. This is what I get for cheating on Maine. He knows me better than I know myself. I'm not happy with the hair, but I don't hate it. So I guess the "Sketchy Hair Salon" was not that bad, you just can't judge a book by its cover.

Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...