Friday, June 24, 2011

Taelyn is 15 Months!



My Sweet Sweet Taelyn,

I have to to apologize, I have never done a post like this for you. I really don't even know why. I seriously can't believe you are 15 months. You, little girl bring so much light into my life. You are my miracle. I never knew a love like this until you came along. You are my happiness. My mom says that to me all the time, and I never really took her seriously, but having you has made that term have another meaning, you truly are my happiness.

Your daddy and I wanted you so badly and prayed for you, I have never prayed for anything as much I have for you. These 15 months have just flown by. Everyone tells you to enjoy it because it goes by so fast, and boy, they weren't kidding!

Taelyn, you are so active and just so independent. You are just fine playing by yourself. In fact, you prefer it. I try to get on the ground and be involved with what you are doing, but you just carry on happily. You LOVE music and you LOVE to dance! That just makes my heart smile. You get that strictly from me! You have so much rhythm and you are always on beat. I am totally gonna be a dancers mom, so I apologize in advance if I get crazy.



You are learning so quickly, the things you do and learn amazes me. You say a new word everyday. You can say "Dada, Mama, Daddy, Mommy, Apo, Doggie, Up, Down, Hi, Bye Bye, Ni-Ni (night-night), Tyson, Ball, Eat" There are many more things you can say, I'm sure, I just can't think of them at the moment. Your grandparents were here this past week and Grampy kept trying to get you to say "Grampy" and you smiled at him and as clear as day said "BAMPY" That certainly made his father's day. Then every time you saw him after that, you said "Bampy!" It was so cute!

Taelyn, you sign all day long, you show me when you want something by signing "please" and when you want more, you do the sign for "more" and when you are done you do the sign for "all done" It makes things so much easier. Everyone loves it when you give out "Flying Kisses." You are so generous with those. You know where you eye, nose, mouth, ears, feet, pretty much every body part. When I ask where are your eyes, you show me!


You are always so pleasant and smiling. You have 8 teeth and always so proud to show them off with your gorgeous smile. You are still sucking your thumb and it still drives me crazy, but you only do it when you are sleepy, so it isn't so bad. You are attached to this pink plush blanket, and that too, drives me crazy. It is a quick soother for you and you love it, so I deal with it, but I will soon start to slowly get rid of that blanket all together. The thing with the blanket is that when you have it, you suck your thumb, you don't suck unless you have that blanket, so it is a package deal, so my hopes are that when I get rid of the blanket, the thumb sucking will end too... I hope.

You look just like your daddy. You have his facial expressions and his charming personality. Everyone loves you the moment they meet you, just like your daddy. you have my nose, my hands, legs and feet.


You are a lot like me in many ways too. You DON'T like being dirty and you don't like when things around you are disorderly, just like me! You will pick up your toys and put them in order, I LOVE this about you! When you are eating and food misses your mouth, you can't have another bite until your face is clean. You even have started to help me clean. You take a cleaning cloth and wipe down the stairs or the fridge our when the pantry is open, you go in there and grab the broom and try to sweep. This makes me smile, I have started you young without even knowing it. You just learned that by watching me.



When it comes to being outside, you are not a fan. I think it is funny, yet sad. I don't want you to be like me and not try things because they are in an environment you are not comfortable with. You don't like grass, and at our recent beach trip with Grampy, we discovered you don't like sand either. I'm not a fan either. You are most comfortable indoors in air conditioning, just like me. When we were outside with all of your cousins during a photo shoot, you were uncharacteristically fussy. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with you. Then your daddy took you into the house and you were happy again. All I could do is shake my head, I completely understood what you were feeling because I didn't want to be outside either.


You like to explore everything. While Auntie Dana and Uncle Scot were staying with us, you found her bladder backpack and you figured out all by yourself how to get the water out. Everyone couldn't believe it. It was cute, you were so proud that you were able to get a quick drink out of a backpack.

You play well with others and you are always willing to share. This will come in handy when your baby brother comes onto the picture. I honestly am very scared about this. I feel like I am taking away from you and that makes me sad. I am scared because I just don't understand how I could possibly love another baby as much as I love you. Apo says that my heart will grow and it will be just fine, but I just can't help to feel guilty. I know it will be just fine and I will love you both equally. You are going to be the best big sister!


I just want you to ALWAYS know that I love you with everything in me. You are the best of me and you make me proud everyday.

I Love you so much,
Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...