Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Alabama Trip

Todd, Taelyn and I made an impromptu trip out to Alabama due to the death of his Oma. We had a trip planned out there for July, so we had to cancel that trip and make an attempt to get our money back. I bought the insurance because I wasn't sure how my pregnancy would be, so I took all of the precautions, just in case. Now, I am so thankful that I did. Taelyn was AMAZING on the plane. I am always so worried to be "THAT MOM" you know, the mom that can't control her screaming child and said screaming child annoys everyone on the plane, but that was sooo not the case with my little perfect child. Taelyn slept for maybe 45 minutes and happily played with me and Todd the whole rest of the way. We even got compliments about how great she was.



Our 1st few days in Alabama were a complete blur. I just know that we got there, picked up our rental car and drove for what seemed like 10 years to get from Atlanta to Eufaula, Alabama. In reality it was like 2 hours and 15 minutes, still crazy long to drive from an airport. I don't remember what we did when we got to Todd's mom's house, I don't know what was said. I just know were were exhausted mentally, emotionally and physically.

Dana was the 1st sibling to get there, then Todd and I, and then David. The last time we were all together like that was last August for Dana's graduation.


It is very rare that they are all together, but when they are, it is always such a sweet time. Every time Todd and David are together I am amazed at how much they are alike. This time, Taelyn was old to be playful with them. She called David "Dada" a few times. It was cute. They really are, physically, so much alike.


The funeral was lovely, really a celebration of life. Oma lived an amazing life and many great pictures and stories were shared. She was loved by many and was able to see her children have children and her grandchildren have children. What a blessing that is in itself. I was just really sad she was never able to meet Taelyn. That was one of the reasons for our trip out in July :( Death is just something really hard to deal with, but knowing all of this and when she was able to speak, she helped settle everyone's hearts by telling them not to fuss over her, she was ready to go. and she wasn't afraid, so that really took most of the sad out of it and more a celebration of her home going. She was buried next to her husband and it was just as sweet as can be. I know in my heart she is in heaven having the time of her life.

The rest of our trip was just as relaxing as can be. We spent our days chilling in the pool and just hanging out with family. It was a nice break, there were a few adventures that I will give separate blog post for. Here are some random shots of our relaxing time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...