Thursday, June 23, 2011

Todd's Birthday at Disneyland

Todd turned 34 on June 20 and Taelyn turned 15 months. Since family was here visiting, all went to Disneyland. There were 9 of us total. Todd, me, Taelyn, our nephews Matthew and Brian. Todd's Dad and stepmom, Ernie and Pat, and Todd's sister and her husband, Dana and Scot. It was Taelyn's 1st time at Disneyland. We didn't want to take her too early because we weren't sure how she would receive it. She REALLY had a great time. We started on the Jungle Cruise and she loved looking at all of the animals. She was very engaged in everything around her.



After the Jungle Cruise, we went on Pirates of the Caribbean. I was worried that Taelyn would be scared, but she really loved it, she was so wide eyed the whole time.

Next we went to the Haunted Mansion. I just knew Taelyn would be scared in this one, but she wasn't she didn't cry or snuggle closer to me at all, she just watched in awe.



After the Haunted Mansion, Taelyn was spent, it was nearly and hour past her nap time, she fought it for as long as she could, she fell asleep leaning forward. As soon as she was out, we laid her down.


Taelyn's nap time was a great time for me to take a break as well. We found a nice bench under a shady tree, I got my pineapple whip, and everyone else went on Indiana Jones. While we waited. I needed that time out. By the time they were done, Taelyn was awake and ready to go on, and so was I. We went to Tomorrowland and got on Buzz Lightyear.



After Buzz, Todd and I went to watch Captain EO while everyone else went on Autotopia. I have to say, I was really excited to watch this. I have seriously fond memories of it when I was like 8 years old. Ummm, I was extremely disappointed. It was nothing at all like I remembered. I actually started to fall asleep. I guess I was just really tired. We met up with everyone and we took a train to the front of the park so we could watch a parade.

While everyone else sat on the curb, I decided to pop a squat in Taelyn's stroller. I have no idea how I fit, but I was quite comfortable.

Taelyn LOVED the loud music during the parade. She was dancing and clapping on her daddy's shoulders.

After the Parade, we went over to California Adventure Park. Everyone went on Soarin while Taelyn and I sat and waited. To my surprise, Matthew and Dana joined me. He got nervous and wanted off right after he was strapped in. When everyone got back together, we had dinner and then went on the new Little Mermaid Ride. My cousin Jon who lives close and has annual passes met up with us after he got off of work.




After that ride, I think everyone was about over it all. There were many meltdowns throughout the day and many fits, so as the sun was setting, we decided to call it a night. Taelyn was just so over stimulated, out of the whole day she only took about an hour nap. All the little ones crashed on the way home and once we got home, they all went straight to bed. It was an amazing day all around. Happy Birthday Honey and Happy 15 months to my Taelyn Whalyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...