Friday, November 30, 2012

Taelyn Says the Funniest Things

Taelyn is talking so much right now and I just don't want to forget some of the things she says. So here is a list of things that have come out of her mouth:

1) "I can't like it."
She says this when she doesn't want to eat or do something. It drives me crazy, I correct her all the time, but it is cute for now.
2) "Don't leab me!"
If I go anywhere without her, even if I just leave the room. I hope this is not a sign of separation anxiety.
3) "Don't Bodor me, son!"
Don't bother me, son. Referring to her brother. She is easily annoyed with him. I am able to catch a few sweet moments between the two, but mostly what I get is her being annoyed with him, yelling for him not to bother her.
4) "I want wador" Water
5) "I DeDe my baby, like you, Mama."
DeDe is the term for breastfeeding in Filipino.
6) "I give you m'sage, Mommy."
She loves to give me a massage and I love to get them.
7) "Everybody like it, punana!"
The song by the Agroliytes, "Banana" We get way too many giggles out of this one, it is just wrong!
8) "You smell good."
She gets close and whispers this in our ears.
9) "That was Totally Wicked!"
This is from The Incredibles, she loves when the little kid says this at the end.
10) "I not goges, I butipul"
I tell her she is gorgeous and she tells me she's not, and then replaces it with beautiful.
11) "Baby Nerves ME!"
She hasn't said this in a while, but she said this before and I wanted to remember it.
12) "Don't touch me, please don't touch me!"
She says this to my brother, Russell. He LOVES to aggravate her and make her cry and she runs from him every single time she sees him. She also says this to people who she thinks are sketchy.
13) "I kiss you, other side, other side..."
She likes to kiss me on both cheeks over and over. She was never really affectionate as a baby, but as she gets older, she is becoming more affectionate. I will take the kisses where I can get them.
14) "I go pee pee and get candy"
Taelyn has been potty trained since August and we did the reward with candy. We don't always give her candy anymore, but when she tells me she has to go, she says it like this in a sing-songy voice. It is the cutest thing to me.
15) "Is that to me?"
If she sees something I have, that she wants, she asks this in the sweetest voice.
16) "You lay down to me, one more minute, two minutes."
When I put Taelyn down for bed, sometimes she asks me to lay down with her for a few minutes and how can I not oblige? She holds up her little fingers to tell me how long. It is so cute.
17) "Jesus in my heart"
We read a book to her that is called "If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart" She LOVES this book and will easily listen to us read it over and over again. She puts her little hands over her heart and says that Jesus is in her heart, it literally brings tears to my eyes.
18) Taelyn loves to pray for the family and when she does, she asks God to bless every person she has ever come into contact with. Sometimes her prayers are LONG! I just give her encouraging listening sounds and let her go until she says "Amen" with is more like a shout. She is so sincere and heartfelt in her prayers. I love it!

Taelyn is so amazing, sometimes I just sit and watch her in complete AWE. I don't know how we made such a vibrant, loving, sweet little girl, but she is truly a joy. I never want to forget this stage in her life. I wish I could freeze time at this stage, but I know I can't and I know it is just a season and that before I know it, it will be over, so I need to keep these memories safe. What I would give to be able to bottle her energy and SELL IT! I would be a millionaire! Taelyn, my miracle, I love you more than I could ever articulate, you are the reason I breathe, sometimes, you drive me to drink, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

1 comment:

  1. She is precious and makes my day when we get to skype. Love that you are keeping up with all of these sayings for memories down the road. You and she will love them as years pass.

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...