Monday, November 26, 2012

Sprained Ankle and Universal Studios

On Saturday Morning, I was rushing out of the house. Taelyn was going down the stairs on her butt and I came down carrying Trent. Taelyn had been a pill all morning and was whining the whole way down. She reached the bottom of the stairs and stopped and was playing with the gate. I was annoyed because we were running late and she was not cooperating. I went to step over her at the bottom of the stairs and I rolled my ankle. I went tumbling down. I tweaked my body to spare Taelyn and I landed funny to save Trent. I seriously don't know how it happened and how we all survived, but I was in PAIN.

I started to cry, sob, screech in complete and utter agony, clutching my ankle and rocking back and forth. I don't remember the last time I cried from being in pain, but I sure did a number on my ankle. Taelyn was horrified. She didn't know what to do. She started crying and saying, "I say sorry, no cry Mommy! You forgive me?" She thought it was her fault that I was crying, technically it was, but not for the reason she thinks. I was crying because I was hurt, not because she upset me, but she thought that she upset me and she felt awful. She was hugging me and trying to wipe my tears away. Poor Trent was looking at us like we were crazy. He had no idea what was going on and why we were both crying, but he hugged me tighter. (Such a sweet little man)

All three of us sat on the floor for a good 10 minutes before I could even attempt to get up. What's worse is that I planned on a whole day of being on my feet, walking. We were running late to get to Universal Studios.
***********************************************
When we got to my mom's house, we had some breakfast and headed out. My ankle hurt, but I managed to walk all day AND push a double stroller. Superwoman over here!

Family in front of the Infamous Globe
My Big Man on Studio Tours
Taelyn hugging Apo after "Scary King Kong"
Grandpa giving me a break and holding Trent
Trent didn't miss his nap time like Taelyn did.
We got there at about 10am and left at about 7pm. The whole day was pretty fun. The kids really enjoyed it, especially Taelyn. She commented on everything she saw. She thought, "King Kong was too scary" Earthquake was, "Too bumpy." The Fast and the Furious dancing cars were, "Totally Wicked" These are all the things that came directly from her mouth. Silly girl.

Seven total hours on my feet. I think my ankle became numb half way through the day. I was limping all day. When I got home and actually took a good look at my ankle, it was swollen to the size of a golf ball. I put the kids to bed and iced it, elevated it and went straight to sleep. Oh, in case you were wondering where Todd was this whole time, he was at the USC/Notre Dame game, having a blast!
He ran into his cousin, Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...