Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Tess and Eddie Are A Mess

My mom and Eddie are probably the strangest people I know. They bask in the glory of being old and take full advantage of it. They are silly, oblivious and just plain LOST. I really don't know how these two survive in the real world. They don't have internet (gasp!) Their phones are ancient. My mom doesn't even have numbers stored in her phone because she doesn't know how. She has everyone's numbers memorized, who does that? It's actually quite impressive. I don't even know my own number.

I went to my mom's house sometime in June and she was working out. I asked her what she was doing and she said, "I'm doing the Insanity." So I said, "Your bought the DVD's? You know I have them?" She looked at me confused and said, "No, I just watch it on TV, it comes on on the weekends." Now it was time for me to be confused. I told her that there is no way that she watches it on TV, you have to pay for it, I then put it together that she was just watching the infomercial and I said, "Mom, that is not Insanity, that is the infomercial selling Insanity!" Then she said, "Oh, is that what that is?" OBLIVIOUS! I took this picture of her work out:
See what I mean, then the other day, I went over to their house for lunch and Todd noticed that Eddie was wearing a belt with SWEATS!!! Who does that? Really? After about 5 minutes of laughter from all parties, I took a picture to show him how silly he looked and his response was, "I ain't tryin to impress nobody." I can't wait to get old, for that reason alone. Old people say and do whatever and seem to get away with it. Here is his lovely ensemble:

Then here is the kicker Everyone is really into this whole "Gangnam Style" phenomena, so while trying to entertain the grandchildren, this is what they look like. They kill me, but they are fun, they love each other and they certainly keep each other young and happy.
Gangnum Grandparents


3 comments:

  1. I was looking for the video on Gangnam Style...Please put it up here so we can all enjoy it again :) Bless them....they are both just precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That "Insanity" story is SOOO funny!!! I'd love to meet your mom someday. :) She must have wondered why the workouts changed all of the sudden with the different clips on the commercial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a crack up! I'm gonna have to have everyone over to make some Filipino food one day.

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...