Thursday, November 15, 2012

Traditional Baking Tour

This is my current favorite picture of Taelyn, I took it right after I voted. I just love her stinkin face!! I say "current" because she is so darn cute, I capture a new favorite picture so very often. Also, it has nothing to do with the bakery tour, I just wanted to share this pic :)
My mom's group went on a tour of Tradition Baking, a baking factory in Bloomington. It was pretty neat to see they way they mass produce cookies.
Taelyn and her sweet friend Evelyn rocking their hairnet
We had to wear awesome hairnets and cool lab jackets
Taelyn cracks me up with her hairnet
They were making Valentine's Day cookies.
I honestly wish I could say that I took something away from this field trip, but I didn't retain one single thing. I was so busy trying to wrangle my kids and was so overwhelmed by the cookie smell, I couldn't pay attention.
I lied, I did remember ONE thing, the shelf life of the cookies they make are nine months, that is why they were making the Valentine's Day cookies in November. After the tour, we received a canvas bag full of cookies. They gave the kids cookies and juice and we got to hang out in the break room and eat some yummy cookies.

Unfortunately, Taelyn was in rare form and needed to be separated because she was not being a nice girl. She was being so sassy, she didn't even want to eat their silly little cookies, apparently she was above it all. The tour was fun, kept the kids entertained and very informative (for others.) The kids left happy and I left exhausted, so after we had lunch and we ALL took a much needed nap.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...