Friday, July 1, 2011

Raylea and Ryan's Wedding


My dear friend Raylea, that I have known since my middle school days at King got married last Saturday. (June 26, 2011)

We go way back to 7th grade science camp:


to High School:


Somehow we lost track of each other after college and through the wonders of Facebook, we regained contact and most importantly, our friendship :) I was able to celebrate her 30th birthday and go to the Fray concert together. We never seem to have a lack of fun when we are together. Even better, our guys get along, that always makes things great!

Enough of our history, back to the wedding. Boy was it beautiful. She crossed every T and dotted every I when it came to detail. Anyone who knows Raylea, knows if she is gonna do something, she is gonna do it right! Her colors were very summery with a burnt orange and brown mix. She got married at South Coast Winery and I was sad because I have been known to enjoy a glass of wine or two, and being that I am pregnant, I couldn't enjoy any of it :(

Raylea had her Mom and Step dad walk her down the aisle.




The ceremony was was short and sweet. They wrote their own vows and they had the sweetest things to say to each other. The thing that I liked the most is that they did the "Sand Ceremony." I love the story of this, in the olden days each family would bring sand from their "home land" and combine them. The story states that when you combine the sand you are combining not only yourselves, but your families and your history, and you can only separate when you can separate the sand. Since sand is nearly impossible to separate, you must stay together forever. Todd and I did this at our wedding as well and I LOVED it! Plus you can always have it on display and a reminder of your vows in your home. This is mine and Todd's sand:

Here I am at 23 weeks pregnant

Todd and I enjoying some wine, (apple cider for me) before the reception started

Jessica and her hubby Matt (Our partners in crime ("Blowies") inside joke)

Our place settings at our table

Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Morris!!!

They had an AWESOME candy bar!

Jessica, Raylea and me

We had LOTS of fun with the photo booth. I CAN'T wait to see the pictures we took, we were way too silly for our own good!


Jessica was my dance partner, I think there were a few times were we were out there all by ourselves! Our loving husbands got up and danced with us too, but not much. We had a GREAT time!!!!


Congratulations Raylea and Ryan Morris!!! Have fun in Jamaica, make a baby! (No pressure or anything)

3 comments:

  1. AH, cute pictures and story :) Raylea did look gorgeous and her wedding was perfect of course!

    We had so much fun with you and Todd :)

    The "blowies" thing totally made me laugh. I wrote it but it was Todd's words!!!

    Your pictures are way better than mine, and I can't even blog them until next week until our computer gets fixed. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I think when Raylea gets settled we all need to go out dancing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Anytime, just let me know when. I LOVE to dance :)

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...