Thursday, July 7, 2011

I'm ME Again!

For the past month, I have been having a super hair crisis. Like I have said in this blog, I am just NOT one to go out looking like, "Who Shot Jon?" Who is that? Exactly! I don't go out looking a mess, THAT is who shot Jon. For the past month, I have had the worst time with this southern weave I had. It was too BIG! I couldn't manage it, I wore it in a bun at all times. It was itchy and unmanageable. It was just a horrible experience. Maine always tells me not to get a full head weave because 1. My real hair is too long it won't look natural. 2. I won't like how itchy my scalp will get. 3. I just won't like it. I hate to say it, but he was RIGHT!! You hear me Maine? "YOU WERE RIGHT!" Lesson Learned, I won't do that again! No matter how desperate I get to try something different.

Yesterday was hair day. Hair day is once a month for me, I used to go every 2 weeks, but since having Taelyn, I have had to sacrifice a day and just settle for once a month. And boy do I look forward to that once a month hair appointment! How I missed my Maine Man. He took one look at me and LAUGHED!!! The nerve of him, I couldn't even blame him, I was laughable. Even on my worst day, I did not look that bad... right?



He started by taking out that HORRIBLE weave and washed my hair. OMG... HEAVEN! I love getting my hair washed. He massaged my head and gave me a deep conditioning. It was the best. Then he blow dried it and flat ironed it. When he was done, it was like I was a whole new person! I was ME again. It felt so good to have my hair back. Something so little can seriously make such a difference. For me it is my hair. I have always had nice hair. When I was going through Chemo, the worst part of it was losing my hair. I don't know why, I guess I am superficial in that way, but, in all honestly, I don't care and I won't apologize for it. I like my hair, I like my hair to look good, and I LOVE my hair dresser and hair day! I don't think that will ever change. Thank God (and Maine) I am ME AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...