Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Chaparrel Lane's 4th Annual 4th of July Block Party


Since we moved into our neighborhood, we have thrown a block party for the 4th of July. Every year it keeps getting bigger and bigger. The 1st year, there were only 10 houses on our street. Out of the 10 houses, only 8 were occupied and 5 of the 8 participated. Since then 8 more houses have been built and most of them participated. It was a great way to meet the neighbors we don't know.

I ALWAYS talk about what a great neighborhood we live in and I will say it again... I LOVE MY NEIGHBORS! Most of us moved into together and have maintained healthy friendships. Two of my neighbors were my friends even before we moved. JJ and Kellina moved in at the same time as us and we kinda bought our houses as a package deal. If they were out, we were out and vice versa. We got great deals on our homes just for that reason :) Adam and Alisia moved in last year when one of the newer houses were built. Their son Kaleb is our Godson, we LOVE them dearly!

Anyway needless to say our annual block party is always full of fun, food and fireworks! Living 3 miles from University of Redlands has its perks during the 4th of July. Every year they have a huge fireworks show and we have the PERFECT view from our street. The whole show without the crowds, the noise, and the smell of smoke. It was great. We buy the kids (the amount of kids seem to be growing every year) little poppers so they can have something to enjoy before the show starts and when it does, we all our lawn chairs in the middle of the street and enjoy the show. After, everyone collects their dishes and do a quick clean up and go home. It was a successful block party full of fun and friendship, can't wait til next year! I'll have 2 little ones to be chasing around.

Taelyn pushing London on the Quad

Mingling

Food

Grubbing

Scott starting the firecrackers and poppers

More mingling

My little 4th of July Baby getting cranky towards the end of the night

I'm like the worst photographer ever... Not only did I not get a family picture, I am not in ANY pictures from the whole day. Next year I will remember to make it a point to get a group shot of everyone AND a family picture of MY family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...