Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Week

Warning: Long Blog post ahead.... I sure am wordy sometimes :)

Things have been kinda hectic around here lately. I feel like I have been so busy, but honestly I don't know what I have been busy doing. This past week, I have had something to do everyday. I try to fill my days with at least one trip where Taelyn and I get out of the house, so the whole "Stay At Home Mom" gig doesn't get old for me.

Last Saturday: I went to lunch with Marlene and her daughter Samantha at Red Robin. Marlene is my OB's nurse. When pregnant with Taelyn we were there so often, we were able to get really close with the staff and our doctor. I LOVE THEM! After lunch, I came home, got dressed and packed Taelyn up to spend the evening with Auntie Alisia and Kaleb. Todd went to a Dodger Game, while I went to the Selena Gomez concert with another one of our wonderful neighbor's Tracy and her daughter Mikayla. OMG was Mikayla surprised and HAPPY! She LOVES Selena Gomez and knew EVERY song. Great day indeed :) (BAD ME, again I didn't take any pictures)

Last Sunday: Alisia and I went on a date :) We left Taelyn and Kaleb with Todd and we went to see the last Harry Potter (*tear*). Then after the movie, we visited a friend who recently had a baby. Her little peanut was just so cute. The whole time I kept thinking, this is going to be me in about 2 months.... Ekkk, I still can't believe we are going to do this again. I'm excited, yet very nervous about having two little ones. Then we had lunch at Thia House. Yummy!

Monday: We had workers come to inspect our house for any damages or neglect from the builders, so since it was Todd's day off, he stayed home to manage them, while Taelyn and I went to check out some venues for a potential baby shower location.

Tuesday: Taelyn and I had lunch with my friend Raylea. We had Benjerong (Thai Food) Great company and great food always makes for a happy me.

Taelyn before we left for my appointment:


Wednesday: I had my monthly doctor appointment. I got to hear the baby's heart beat and visit with our doctor and Marlene. I actually missed them after Taelyn was born. Since things with this pregnancy are going so great, I don't get to see them as often. That is good, but bad. I am sooooo overjoyed to be having an amazing pregnancy, but I would like to see my friends more often, hence the lunch with Marlene on Saturday.

Thursday: I planned on taking my glucose test today, but Todd had an early meeting, so I had no problem pushing that test back. Besides, I planned on having Kaleb all day and pick up Alisia from work. I love having my Godson. He was so sweet and affectionate with me all morning. He truly is a joy to watch. I was hoping Taelyn would follow suit and be affectionate, not so much. She didn't even care that another little one was all over her mama. When I picked up Alisia, we went to JoAnne's and picked up some things for the baby shower. When Todd got off, we went to dinner at Thai House (again for me, I'm on a Thai food kick lately) with some of our neighbors Shaelyn and Scott. Scott's mom (who is Thai) was in town visiting from DC and treated us all to dinner. So sweet of her.

Taelyn being silly:


Friday: I woke up early and went to get my glucose test out of the way. That orange drink was not as bad as I remembered it with Taelyn. I was in and out in an hour. After that, I came home, picked up Taelyn, Todd went to work and we spent the entire day at my mom's with Allan, Maya and Leah. Taelyn LOVES her cousins!!! This is not an exaggeration. She is so happy whenever they are around. she didn't even notice when Mommy, Apo (grandma) and Bapa (Uncle Russell) left to get a foot massage for an hour. When we came back, she was playing with her cousins just as we left them.

Eddie, my step dad, has finally decided to retire, after years of working for the US Postal Service, he has decided to take a break. His coworkers and friends had a retirement party for him. It was nice seeing him with his peers. My mom wanted to have a huge retirement bash for him, but in true Eddie form, he declined and just said he wanted this simple pizza party, so that is what we did and we were all there for him.

Saturday: My mom doesn't drive on the freeway, so anytime there is anything that is farther than San Bernardino, Highland or Redlands, I am surely the one to take her. She wants to have Lasik surgery on her eyes, she is tired of wearing glasses, so I set up a consultation. I took Taelyn with me since it was just a consultation, how long could it possibly be? When we got there at 9am, they took my mom back right away. The 1st hour seemed to just fly by, the 2nd hour passed and Taelyn was beginning to get cranky, by the 3rd hour, going into the 4th, it was meltdown city! She was falling on the floor fussing and whining, I had run out of ideas to keep her entertained. What was frustrating was there were people who came in after my mom who left before her. I KNOW it took long because of the language barrier and them having to repeat things over and over for her, but sheesh! I was irritated! Thank God Taelyn finally got so worked up, she fell asleep


When we finally left at 12:30pm our plan to go to Victoria Gardens fell through because I had a 1 o'clock appointment with a venue for the baby shower. We made it there by the skin of our teeth. Good thing we did, because this place was it! I am so happy to finally have a venue and I can get things rolling with this baby shower. We had lunch, my favorite right now, Rosa Maria's and then Eddie dug up all of my old dance videos. We spent the rest of the afternoon watching me when I was a kid dancing. It was a nice trip down Memory Lane.

Today: I plan on having breakfast with my family, then going to church, then going to a friend's birthday party. I am most happy when I am busy. It was a great week and hopefully the next few weeks run smoothly with the preparation for the baby shower and most importantly the BABY!!!

Here I am at 28 weeks


This is the picture that will be on my baby shower invitation:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...