Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Oak Glen Hike

Monday morning I still wasn't feeling the greatest, but I wanted to participate in a hike up in Oak Glen with some mom's from my TMOM's group. What was supposed to be an easy hike turned into quite the challenge, especially since I had a little monkey strapped to my chest. It was a gorgeous day. The weather was perfect. The hike had a few steep moments, where I had to hold on to Taelyn for dear life. I was panting up some hills and beginning to feel some tightness in my legs, but really when it was all over, I truly felt accomplished. I was happy that I finished, I was happy that I got some surprise exercise, I was happy that I was out of the house and that poor Taelyn was out in the fresh air. I was just plain happy :D

I really enjoy doing activities where you are getting physical, enjoying the beauty of God's creations, talking to mom's about our munchkins without feeling guilty that we're talking too much about our babies. After we had a nice picnic lunch under some trees and enjoyed great conversation. It was an awesome way to start the week. I will totally do that hike again.


This cell phone pic was the only one I took while we were on the hike. I was concentrating on not falling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...