Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Backyard


I am NOT an outdoorsy kind of person. I don't even try to pretend to be. Now that I have Taelyn, I am doing things I never thought I would ever do and thinking about doing things we can do, that I normally would never do. One of those things is sit outside in the backyard for no reason other than the fact it is just a nice day out. Todd and I have lived in our house for over 3 years and I don't think I have ever spent more than 5 minutes in our backyard. We have a fairly nice backyard. There is lots of work that I think can be done to make our backyard a lot nicer, but it has nice green grass, plants and trees, so it is bearable.

The other day, it was gorgeous out. The sun was setting, so I thought it would be nice to hang out back there. I took Taelyn outside and set her down on the cement and she was ok.... the moment I stepped into the grass and waited for her to follow, she was NOT about it. She stopped right at the edge of the grass and looked at me like, "What do I do now, Mama?" She stood there for quite a while and just contemplating whether she should attempt to step into it.




Well, Taelyn was taking too long for my taste, so I picked her up and put her in the grass. She was not loving it, to say the least. She immediately started crying and really wanted no part of being outside and especially didn't want to be in the grass at all. I took a few pictures and gave up and retreated to the house. We will try again another day.









I honestly don't want to pass my disdain for the outdoors to Taelyn, so I will do my best to try and "help" her enjoy being outside and have a love for it, unlike her Mama. But lets be real, from the looks of it so far, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in this case.

1 comment:

  1. Finally found your blog!! :) I was thinking the same thing on my walk this morning. When I worked, I spent maybe 10 minutes a day outside, walking to and from my car! I've learned to love it and find that it is such a mood lifter after being stuck inside trying to find things to do. :)

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...