Sunday, July 7, 2013

Chaparrel Lane's 6th Annual Block Party

4th of July snuck up on me this year, I didn't plan the way I normally do, I usually make flyers and put them on everyone's door, but since I was so behind, I sent out a reminder on our block's facebook page and unfortunately, a lot of the neighbors were out of town, so it was much smaller than it was last year.

Our day started off with breakfast and housework. For lunch, we loaded up in JJ's SUV and headed out to Lake Arrowhead for lunch. We ate at Woody's Boathouse Restaurant.

Todd and Taelyn sat with Sierrah and London
JJ and I sat with the boys, Drake and Trent
I enjoyed a super yummy Raspberry Leon Drop
I just love my Sierrah Marie!
There was a bunch of little rides especially made for the kids. This was a dragon swing. Sierrah, London and Trent went on this, Taelyn and Drake chose not to ride.
London was the conductor of this fun Train Ride. Trent, Taelyn and Drake rode coach. (Sierrah was too big to ride with them.)
Taelyn and Drake
All of the kids rode on the swing.
There was also a rickety carrousel, not pictured because we needed to ride with the kids because there were no safety restrains. (NEVER AGAIN for the carrousel, totally scarey for kids and parents equally) After the kids rode the rides, we had some ice cream and then headed home to prepare for the night time 4th of July activities.

We got home at about 5pm. The kids fell asleep on the drive home and slept for a little bit longer. Just long enough for Todd and I to prepare some food. Since it was SO HOT, we decided not to BBQ. I made a refreshing Chicken Salad and a flag fruit pizza. Todd made some sliders on the stove, and neighbors brought food as well. I didn't get any pictures of the food this year, but I did get pictures of the kids:

Taelyn is too cute with her patriotic accessories
She is showing off her nails and her ring
I'm proud I remembered to get a family picture! I still hate myself for not getting a family picture for our 4th Annual 4th of July Party
The girls posed so nicely for a picture....
The boys, not so much!
Another successful and FUN 4th of July Block Party!!! I LOVE MY NEIGHBORHOOD!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day! We've thought about going up to Lake Arrowhead but wasn't sure what the kids would do. Seems like the have some fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...