Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Better Days

After my last post, I have had some seriously good days! Taelyn has been helpful, sweet and even loving. She was absolutely amazing. She's been waking up in a fantastic mood. That's pretty rare for her because she is NOT a morning person. She likes to sleep in and doesn't want to be bothered until she initiates it. She saunters into my room and says, "Good Morning, Trent Michael" (yes, she "middle named" him) then gives him a huge hug and kiss, to his surprise. Then she turns to me and does the same. Shocking! Hey, I've said it before and I'll say it again, if Taelyn is giving out hugs and kisses, I'll take them when ever, where ever I can get them. She never has been an affectionate child, I have to force it out of her, literally, I have to attack her if I want hugs and kisses.

The way she wakes up is a sure indicator of how the rest of the day will be. If she doesn't fight me when it comes to getting dressed, doesn't object to what I prepare for breakfast, and actually eats her food, we are sure to have a good day. I have been praising her about what a good girl she is being and how much mommy loves it when she is so nice to the baby and how I loved how helpful she's been. I make a huge deal about it. When she does something I want her to do, like finish her food, I give her a special treat of one chocolate covered toffee popcorn from Trader Joes. (Yes, it IS as amazing as it sounds.) I am accommodating and attentive to everything she wants to do, I go above and beyond to let her know, it pays to have good behavior, mommy is more willing to do fun things and give more freedoms when she is good. Some call it bribery, I call it an "Incentive Program." Whatever works, especially after the last few weeks I've had, I was really willing to try anything. I have to say, it's been almost 9 days and we haven't had a serious breakdown. I don't want to jinx it, but this time around, I know we are having a good patch and I will not let this amazing time go by without acknowledgement and appreciation.

Trent actually playing with something that is not dangerous
Story Time at the Library
Taelyn showing off her nails and new necklace from Apo
Playing and enjoying my babes

3 comments:

  1. Haven't seen you in so long Soror. The children look so grown :-). Such beautiful children. I pray all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are having better days :) yay!

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...