Sunday, July 8, 2012

Chaparrel Lane's 5th Annual Block Party

Every year since we moved into our neighborhood we have had a 4th of July block Party and every year, it just keeps getting bigger and better! This is the 5th year we have done this and again, it was great! We had a great turn out and we even have another family that joined us this year! Last year we had lots of kids and this year, there were even more! I am proud to say that this is Trent's 1st 4th of July! Also, I forgot to get Taelyn an outfit for the occasion, so I took a Christmas shirt and made it into a 4th of July shirt :)
I'm proud of myself this year, I remember to take a picture of my family!
The food is getting better every year. With the help pf Pinterest, the food has gotten more creative!
There are so many little kids on our street and it was nearly impossible to get them all together to take a picture... Here were our attempts!

After all of those attempts of getting a group picture, we gave up, there were plenty more, these are just the ones that are clear. A lot of the pictures were blurry because the kids move at the speed of light!

The kids had fun playing with flags, on the slide and with a huge pink elephant. They got wet and had a blast!
When it got dark, we all settled into the street to watch the fireworks, but many of the littles didn't make it. It was past most of their bed times, so after many meltdowns, lots of the kids ended up in their beds before the firework show was over. It was a quick and easy clean up and we were in our beds by 10pm. Cheers to another successful 4th of July Block Party!

1 comment:

  1. I had tears of laughter in my eyes over the kid group shots....LOL....Hilarious!! Todd trying to hold Trent into the picture...priceless. Got to see Jay and his children however...cute kids! Looks like you all had a fun day despite that one desired photo ;)

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...