Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Crazy Numbers Logic

I have been meaning to write a post about why I am so passionate (possibly stubborn) about when I wanted my babies to be born. I have the strangest logic about certain things and numbers are one of them. Call it superstitious, call it crazy, I call it both. I was born on December 10, 1980, all even numbers. I have always been a fan of even numbers. I don't even like to leave the volume on the TV or radio on an odd number (have I mentioned I am a bit nutty?) Anytime I do something it is in even numbers. If I eat eggs, I have to have an even number amount. I count my chips and candy that are separate and eat them in even numbers. If there is an odd number left, I throw it out. (Weird, I know!) I've posted before that I struggled with OCD, I am much better REALLY, but some habits are just too hard to kick and I don't think they are too severe to be worried.

Ok, back to numbers. Todd was born on June 20, 1977. When choosing our wedding date, I thought it would be perfect to get married right smack in the middle of both of our birthdays. So our wedding date is March 15, 2008. Yes, I know that 15 is not an even number, BUT it is a multiple of 5 and that is ok with me. I like 5, 15 and 25, those are really the only acceptable odd numbers in my book.

When it came to Taelyn's birth, I was so excited that she was gonna be born in 2010. My mom was born in 1950, me in 1980 and Taelyn 2010, all 30 years apart. Her due date was in April, but we knew she would be early. I had dates in my mind of when I wanted her to come and I didn't make it any secret. I felt that since she was gonna come in March, the only acceptable days would be either the 10th or the 20th since those are the days Todd and I were born. She came on March 20. Couldn't have been more perfect. That is also 5 days after our anniversary.

With Baby Boy, I thought that it would only be fair for him to be born on the 10th since I was born on the 10th and Todd and Taelyn already share the 20th. So somehow, God seems to be working with my crazy because I am scheduled for induction this Sunday night at 10 pm. Sunday is the 9th, but by the time we get admitted and they start the induction process, he will be here on the 10th :D

I was a bit sad knowing that he was going to be born in an odd year, but because Todd was born in an odd year as well, somehow in my crazy logic, that makes it ok. Todd was born in 77, so since the baby is coming in 11 also a double odd, is a good thing and lucky to me since Taelyn and I were born in and even year and her and her daddy share the 20th, I feel it is only fitting that me and Baby Boy share the 10th and he and his daddy share a double odd birth year.

Ok, so with all of that, Taelyn's birthday is 3 months after mine, then Todd's birthday is 3 months after her's and Baby Boy will be 4 months after Todd's and 2 months before mine. We have a birthday in every season. How awesome is that? I'm so excited and can't wait to meet my Baby Boy! There you have it, "My Crazy Numbers Logic."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...