Friday, July 6, 2012

Sickies!

I have heard stories of whole families getting sick and having to be isolated from the world. Well, it has happened to us. It started with Taelyn. She had a fever and then the next day she broke out in a rash. Todd took her to Urgent Care where he saw our neighbor Carly, who was there with her little boy who had a similar rash. We figured the kids got sick at a party they were both at recently. By the next day, Taelyn's rash was gone and she was back to normal. Todd had been complaining of having a sore throat and next thing I know he had a fever. I thought he was just being a baby, but the fever didn't lie. Next came the blisters. He had them on his feet, hands and down his throat. I got an email from Todd's Aunt telling us that we were exposed to Hand mouth and foot when we went out to visit. We didn't think anything of it because it had been over a week since our visit and nothing happened to me or the kids. Todd didn't even go with us and somehow he got it. I don't know how that happened, but who knows? Since he was so miserable and couldn't eat anything that had any kind of texture, I got him (and us) some smoothies from Juice It Up.
Since Todd was not well, he was confined to the upstairs while me and the kids stayed downstairs. We didn't know what to do with ourselves, so I decided to put together a tent to play in.
Taelyn LOVED it!
Trent didn't really seem into playing with it. He was kinda lethargic all day.
Poor Trent was next. He had a fever just like his daddy. He was fussy and had a loss of appetite. Next was the blisters. My poor boy got the hand, foot and mouth virus as well. Todd took him to Urgent Care and sure enough, it was confirmed.
Unfortunately with this virus, there is no medicine, you just have to stick it out until it goes away. I think I can safely say that after about 10 days everyone in my family is well. Fortunately, I didn't get sick. I must have an amazing immune system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...