Monday, July 9, 2012

Near Death Experience

The day after they guys built their hut, we were super curious to know if it was still there. So while Todd was making dinner, Chaz, Jess, Jim and I went back to the "Joint" to see if the hut was still there and....
It wasn't :(
There was no sign of it ever being there. We were sad, but we got over it quickly. We decided to follow the creek for a while. It was a really beautiful walk.

Jim found a cool chair-like rock to contemplate life
Beautiful stream
Some areas in the water were pretty high, up to Jim's hips!
Jess and I
S0 pretty with the sun setting!
So after I took this, we decided that we were going to head back to the car. Jim had the bright idea that instead of walking back the way we came, we should climb up a semi-steep hill, through shrubbery, prickly, thorny, snake holes and random trees. Sure, why not? It looked like a short cut.
I warned them that I am clumsy and out of shape and that I would need help. I followed the steps that Jess took and it worked up until we were half way up. It got kind of difficult. Jess and I were wearing flip flops. I was terrified. It took everything in me to make it up this hill. Jim held my hand most of the way... did I mention, he has a broken arm? Well as you can see in the pictures, his arm is in a cast! So with that being said, I didn't want to put my full weight on him, I had his hand with one hand and I grabbed a tree with another. The tree looked sturdy, but it so wasn't. The moment I put any weight on it, the tree BROKE! I went tumbling and the tree smacked Chaz in the face!!! It was the worst fall. I landed in thorns and I think I broke my butt. We were all laughing so hard, mostly because if I didn't laugh, I would have been boo-hooing! I just knew I was gonna lose my life! I was praying the entire time and thinking, I just gotta get home to my kids! I was laughing with tearful, terrified eyes. I don't know how we made it up that hill, but I was so thankful when we did! We survived, we had a few bumps, scrapes and bruises, but we got a GREAT story out of it and lots of laughs and a wonderful memory.
Chaz helping Jess, or Jess helping Chaz, I'm not sure in this pic
Chaz helping me just after I pulled a tree down and smacking him in the face
This Guy! We should have known better than to listen to the guy with a broken arm!
Good times, amazing family and a great story to tell later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...