Monday, April 23, 2012

MAX the FISH

When Todd and I first moved in together, we bought a 50 gallon fish aquarium. I always wanted a huge aquarium for my house, so we got one. This is actually how we ended up with Tony. We went to Petco to buy fish, but they had an adoption going on and I saw Tony the moment we walked in. So we left with fish AND a brother for Tyson. I LOVED coming home from work and sitting in the living room and just watching the fish swim around. It was so relaxing. This was the set up in our old house
When we moved into this house, we just couldn't find a spot to fit our 50 gallon tank. It literally sat in the garage for 4 1/2 years. I was looking at it one day and decided, something MUST be done with this thing. We paid so much money for it and I really and truly loved it. I didn't want to sell it, so I asked my brother if he wanted it. I wasn't going to sell it to anyone, so if they wanted it, it was theirs. After a few weeks of discussing, they decided that they wanted it. Todd put it in his truck and moved it to their house. What a huge ordeal that was. We moved it, probably 5 different areas in their house before we found a fitting spot. Russell asked me why I was so adamant about keeping the aquarium in the family and not selling it? I really didn't know, I just knew that if they didn't want it, we would have kept it. I didn't want anyone else to have it and enjoy it. Then while we were talking, Russell mentioned our aquarium when we were kids and how one big fish at all the others.... That was it! It reminded me of my dad!!! That was why I loved it so much and that was why, when I had my own house I wanted an aquarium and that is why I didn't want to sell it. Now the aquarium is all set up at their house, but they had a small aquarium for their fish Max, so we kind of traded.... Taelyn LOVES Max, she is always looking at him. She likes to feed him. I am so glad everything worked out! Taelyn looking at Max

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...