Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012


Last Easter, we announced to the whole family that we were expecting an addition to the family. It was truly an amazing family filled and heartwarming Easter, just how Easter should be. This Easter was NOT one to go in the books. I seriously had a roller coaster ride of emotions today. My family woke up and got read for church. I got us all color coordinating outfits and I went with a teal and white. I think we were looking quite spiffy!


Church was awesome! I think I cried the whole service, not because I was sad, but because I was overwhelmed with emotion of all kinds, mostly gratitude. They showed a video presentation of the Crucifixion and Jesus walking out of the tomb. The whole time I was just thinking about the sacrifice he made for us and for our sins, so we can live the lives we have... it was just too much for me to handle. The water works were a flowin!

After Church, we usually would have gone to my mom's house and my whole family would have been there, but she is in the Philippines so we came home. I REALLY miss my mom. I didn't realize how dependent I am on her. I talk to her everyday and I even see her most days. Taelyn asks about her everyday too. It makes it very hard for her to be out of the country on such a special holiday.

I made lunch/dinner for us. Eddie stopped by and I didn't think I was gonna see my brother Russell and the kids, but like the good brother he is, he sensed that I needed him and came by for a little while. It made me so happy to see them.

I love my nieces

Grandpa and Trent

It made me so happy to at least spend some time with my family. When they left, I was sad all over again. I wanted to take pictures and get a great picture of my family because I was NOT about to make the mistake of forgetting to take pictures again, I'm still really sad about that.

Thank God for our friends who are also our neighbors. JJ and Kellina, who live right across the street called us to come over and dye eggs with their kids and their friend's kids. Taelyn didn't really get into the dying of the eggs, but she was happy to play with London and Drake. After, we decided to do our Easter Egg hunt. I filled about 50+ eggs for an Easter Egg hunt. So we hid the eggs (in easy to find spots for the little ones)



Taelyn was much better this year, she actually picked up eggs and out them in the baskets!



Trent and Braxdon were sampling the goods, Trent did NOT like the grass

Tried to get another family picture... Taelyn was not interested

Me and my Mister Man!

Taelyn in Braxdon's car with her chocolate face

I was happy, then sad, then happy, then sad again. I really don't know why I was sad other than the fact I missed my mom, but seriously, I just needed to get over myself. I let things bother me that really shouldn't. One thing that I let take up too much of my time yesterday, was the fact that people who DON'T even believe in God and the Resurrection were celebrating Easter.... WHY?!?! What are they celebrating? Easter Bunny? Egg Hunts? Either way it goes, why should I let it bother me? I know my beliefs and why I celebrate Easter, all I can do is pray for those lost souls and live my life to the best of my ability and NOT judge them, because by judging them, I become the person I don't like.

So with that perspective, I am focusing on living the best life I can live and raising my kids up the best way I know how and that is, by knowing and loving the Lord and teaching them the diversity and acceptance/tolerance of others who don't have the same beliefs as them. There were a few other things that I let bother me and I just seriously need to STOP and reevaluate the situation before I let it take over my life, like I did yesterday. I am MUCH better today and I will focus on not letting myself take over myself, if that makes any kind of sense. Onward and Forward!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...