Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Close Call


Last night, I gave Taelyn a bath, and by bath, I mean shower.... I put her in the shower with me since we have a HUGE bath tub and there is no way I could climb in and out of it to bathe with her and there is no way my back could handle me leaning over to bathe her properly. Todd was watching football since it was Monday Night Football. Showering kills 2 birds with 1 stone. I have been on modified bed rest since my Wake Up Call. I am able to do lots, but I think I took the word "modified" too literally. I think, I may have possibly been over doing it.

After Taelyn and I were done in the shower, I dressed her read to her and put her to bed. I laid down in bed and started watching TV. I am VERY excited about my Fall shows starting this week. Not even 10 minutes into How I Met Your Mother, I felt a contraction. It was pretty intense. I felt a sharp pain in my back as well. That was new. I just did my heavy breathing and waited. I didn't have to wait long. 5 minutes later, I had another one. I quickly drank a 24 ounce bottle of water and laid on my left side and waited. The contractions were coming faster and faster. When they were about 2 minutes apart, we asked Eddie, my step dad to stay with Taelyn while we went to Labor and Delivery. When we got there, the contractions were right on top of each other. I just KNEW that this baby was coming. They set us up and we waited, they gave me some meds to stop the contractions and 3 hours later, we were sent home again.

I was a bit relieved that we were sent home because I just don't think that we are ready for little man. We STILL don't have a name and he doesn't even have a car seat. Being that Taelyn is so little, she is still in her infant car seat, so we bought a car seat cover that is blue for the baby, so we could use her car seat for him and put her in her big girl car seat. I really need to get on the ball because I am 35 weeks pregnant now, and Taelyn came at 36 weeks. I just can't get over the fact that with Taelyn we were ready for and this time, we may have the experience, but we are no where near ready. I need to make a check list and start checking. I am very disappointed in myself. I will be better. After this close call, I need to get ready for my little boy because he is coming whether I am ready or not. So here we go....

1 comment:

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...