Monday, August 22, 2011

Wake Up Call

Sunday was my all girl Fantasy Football draft. I hosted and so I started with the preparing of food early! I made chicken enchiladas, 7 layer dip, an Oero/Reese's triffle, peach cobbler, and ambrosia. I also ordered a 3 foot burrito. We were set on food! It took almost 4 hours to make everything, I had everything done by draft time. I LOVE entertaining! I enjoy everything about it, a house full of people, the noise, the conversation, everything! This was no exception. When Todd has a draft, they order pizza and bring beer, that's it! Girls just do everything better!

Todd, "The Guru of Fantasy" was losing his mind with our picks, he was getting annoyed with my picks, He gave me list of people to get and I diverted from the list. Needless to say his head nearly exploded. I didn't know all if this until everyone left and we were cleaning up. He said we kept picking horrible players, saying their names wrong, didn't know what teams they played for OR their positions. He said we were horrible.... Well S-O-R-R-Y MR. Fantasy Know It All!

Our Beautiful Draft Board

When everyone left, there wasn't much clean up, which is surprising considering all the food we had. Like I mentioned before, when Todd has his draft(s) the clean up is ridiculous, considering all they have is pizza and beer. I did the dishes, swept, mopped and cleaned the counter tops while Todd vacuumed. We showered and went to bed to watch True Blood, this was the 1st time ALL day where I actually sat down and relaxed. The whole show I was feeling for the baby and he was just not moving. Completely unlike him, so I was WORRIED! I couldn't remember the last time I felt him move since I was so busy all day. So The entire show he didn't move and when it was over, I expressed my concern to Todd, before I even knew what was going on, he was dressed and ready to go. He called Adam and asked him to come over and chill with Taelyn while she slept and we went to Labor and Delivery.

When we got there, they hooked me up to the monitors right away and we heard the baby's heart beat. *Instant Relief* We also discovered that I was having contractions.... about 4 minutes apart! I didn't even notice them. I felt a tightness, but I thought that was just nerves from the draft. They didn't really hurt, but once I was aware of them, somehow, they started to hurt. I don't know how that happens, but it did. (All in my head? Probably!) They checked me and I was not dilated, and my cervix was still in tact, all good signs. They gave me medicine to stop the contractions and after monitoring me for a while I was sent home with the order of bed rest.... again.

Talk about a wake up call, I need to take it easy and not do too many things. I have been carrying on like normal, taking advantage of the fact that I feel well. With Taelyn I felt sick and tired and fragile, so I acted accordingly. With this baby, I feel amazing, so I over extend myself. I guess I need to listen to everyone and slow down!

1 comment:

  1. So is it off to the island you go? Yes young lady you need to take it down a notch and get some rest so baby boy T can prepare for his entry into the world. LOL I'm glad everything was ok with the DR when I was reading it in the beginning you had ne scared for a min lol good to be breathing again. Take some more pictures from your island and remember even though you feel ok it doesn't mean you don't have to rest, you will have to put the party planning and hosting gigs on pause and just kick back on the sofa and watch some good movies and play with Taelyn. Take care Love Ya Carmel!

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...