Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Baby Shower



9/10/11 What a great day to have a baby shower. As some of you may notice, I am crazy when it comes to certain dates. I picked this day because it seemed lucky to me to have numbers that are consecutive. I planned and planned so when the date finally came, I honestly didn't have much to do. When I woke up in the morning I made breakfast for my sweet girl and me. We played and when Todd woke up, I went to get a pedicure. When I got back, we dropped Taelyn off at my mom's so she could nap while we ran errands. If Taelyn doesn't get a nap, she is quite unpleasant, and I didn't want her to be fussy because there was going to be a whole lot of people who would want to engage with her and she needed to be ready for all of the attention.

Todd and I went to Costco to pick up the cake.
Then I went home and got ready while he picked up the rest of the food. I went to pick up Taelyn and then we met up at the Redlands Senior Center that was so beautifully decorated the day before by me, my mom, Eddie, Maila and Richard.

The football helmet, cupcakes and football shaped cake was made by my sweet sweet Sorority sister, Tekura





All we had to do was set up the food tables and wait for the guest. It was perfect. Once 2pm hit, people started flooding in. It was such a great turn out. I was so happy to see so many people who I haven't seen in so long. I even had my Auntie Ludy (mom's sister) visiting from Alabama!
Sanders Family

Mom and Taelyn

Me and Lea

Sorority sisters

Taelyn stuck to Lea like glue

Me and my Sweet Tanka

Me and Alisia



We had Rosa Maria's Burritos, they have been my obsession my entire pregnancy


The games were super fun. I had a match the baby picture to the recent picture game and Match the mommy to the baby boy. We also hung clothes on a line and who ever did it the fastest was the winner. It was a super fun game. All of the games had great prizes so it was fun to see who won.






After the games we opened up the presents

We were completely showered with gifts and lots and lots of diapers and wipes! We couldn't have been happier. We had a lot of fun and I think everyone who was there had a great time too. Thank you to all who attended and helped make our shower a success and a time to remember. Everything is put away and ready for our baby boy, now all we have to do is come with a name and we will really be ready for his arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...