Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Worst Saturday Night, EVER!

Todd went to New Orleans last week. He is a huge Kansas City Chiefs fan and has gone to a Kansas City game for the past few years in Kansas City. I asked him why go to Kansas City every year? If he wants to see them every year, he should travel to different cities... So he decided to go to New Orleans! I fully support him taking this yearly trip. This is something he LOVES, so who am I to stand in the way?

While he was gone, we continued as normal. On Saturday, I got the kids dressed for the day and we ran errands in the morning, came home for naps and then went to a birthday party in the afternoon. My brother, Richard, stayed with me for the weekend to help out while Todd was away.

Trent exploring at the party
Taelyn playing pretend

On our way home, we stopped at Costco to get gas and when I got back in my car to head home, it started, but did not accelerate. We didn't even make it out of the Costco parking lot. I was NOT HAPPY! A few weeks prior to this happening, I told Todd that my car sounded "funny." Todd checked it out and said he didn't hear anything and that he thought that I was being paranoid. I called Onstar and was told that it was a "Transmission Error" They lined up a tow for me and I needed to find a way to get my kids home.

Taelyn wrote on herself while we were waiting for the tow truck. She was not happy either

Thank God for JJ, our dear friend and neighbor. I called him and he was there within a half hour. He got there before the tow truck. He took my kids and Richard and watched them while I went with the tow truck to the dealership.


To make a long story short. I didn't know what was wrong with my car, the dealership service area was closed until Monday, the rental car place was closed until Monday, so I was stuck without a car for the rest of the weekend I was mad at Todd because I felt like if he would have listened to me, we could have prevented this situation. So what do I do? I decide, I want a NEW CAR! The sales man drove me home in a potential car. I told him that I would need to sleep on it, calm down and to call me in the morning to see if I felt the same way. I spent my entire Sunday morning at the dealership negotiating numbers with my mom, Eddie and the kids. I didn't end up buying anything, but I was so close! The lesson in this is to not make rash decisions based on emotions. I am so glad I didn't let my emotions lead me because when Monday came, the problem with my car was a computer problem, easy fix and nothing out of pocket. I would have felt silly if I put us in longer car commitment, when there was nothing really wrong with my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...