Friday, September 21, 2012

"Living Young, Wild and Free" Part I

I am not a fan of Wiz Khalifa, but his song "Young, Wild and Free" was my anthem for my weekend. I looked up the song to attach and actually listened to it... I guess when I heard the song on the radio, I never really listened to it. I just like the chorus-- the edited chorus...

Todd is currently in New Orleans so the weekend before he left, I was able to enjoy two full days of whatever I wanted to do! It was amazing!!! My sweet Sorority Sister Nikia turned 25 and we celebrated by going wine tasting. It was a LONG, adventurous day. Something that would have been normal for me in my younger years. I left my house at 11am and met up with Tiffani (another soror) in Rialto, from there we dropped her daughter and some friends off to play basketball, in Corona. From there, we drove to Riverside, for a debutante social mixer, (sorority function) to Moreno Valley, to pick up our friend Brigette, on to Perris, to pick up another sorority sister, Tanka.... That was 5 cities in a matter of 2 hours. When we finally had everyone, we drove to Temecula to South Coast Winery. We were about an hour and a half late, but we made it and the party started when we walked in! Like I said, we were living "Young, Wild and Free" For me, this was BIG!

This is me at Brigette's house... I needed a drink after the morning we had!
I was totally getting on Tiffani's nerves. She joked that I was the "time keeper" and she didn't realize that her "mom" was invited. She had to remind me on more than a few occasions, I was kid free and among adults, with nothing but time, so I needed to relax and enjoy the ride. I guess I have aged myself, just a bit. In my defense, I already had a full day of activities even before we made it to our tasting.

Tiffani, Tanka, Me and Brigette
Me, Brigette, the birthday girl, Nikia and Tanka
All of the lovely ladies who partook in the tasting
After the tasting, we decided to go to Pechanga, now those who know me, know, I LOVE TO GAMBLE!!! I am Filipino, its in my blood... That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! I took out $100 and I lost $60 right away playing Blackjack. (You would think I knew better) I took my remaining $40 to the poker room and got my money back and then some! I ended up waking out with $280. I am proud of myself, I used to play until I had nothing left to play, causing me to have to stop playing. When I walked out of the Poker Room, Brigette, Tanka and Tiff were right outside waiting for me and we left. By the time I got home, I was gone for nearly 12 hours. I pumped my milk and decided to dump it because I didn't want to chance any traces of the alcohol I consumed being in my milk. I was so sad when I poured it down the drain.
It was a great day and night. I had a blast and I really needed the time away from my munchkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...