Thursday, September 13, 2012

Tina's 60th Birthday Party

Last weekend was my brother, Russell's, mother in law, Tina's, birthday. She had a huge birthday bash at the Hilton. It was a really nice black tie event. At first I wasn't really excited about it because I was dreading the formal dress code. After having two kids, although I have lost the majority of my baby weight, my body is not formal attire ready. My mom talked me into going and I am certainly glad I did. I went shopping in my mom's closet and found a dress that was perfect. It is actually the dress that she wore for my wedding. I got a much needed pedicure AND at the last minute, I even sprung for a manicure (I hate having my nails painted) I wore contacts and wait for it.... I wore makeup!!! The last time, I think, I wore makeup was my maternity pictures for Trent which was almost this time last year. My sweet neighbor, Carly, came over and helped me get my hair together, based on my last post, I am a bit hair challenged. It was kind of nice getting all dolled up and pampered. It has been far too long. It actually gave me a bit of a boost of confidence, not saying that I am lacking, but it was nice to see myself in something other than my everyday "Mom Uniform" of t-shits and cargo's.

Here are some pictures of the night. My sweet and sexy Mama
My mom and I are beginning to look more and more alike as I get older
Maya, Allan and Leah
My brother was the funniest MC I have ever seen
My niece, Maila, was looking beautiful
My mom, me and Gigi... Gigi did EVERYTHING for her mom's birthday and it turned out amazing!
Me, Russell, Tess and Maila
Maya, my beautiful niece
Tess and Eddie
Russell and Allan... they are like TWINS!
My mom, Leah and Tina, the celebrant
We had a really fun night and everything went off without a hitch. My nieces and nephew played the piano and the girls did a little hula dance for their grandma. She loved it. I have to say, I am one proud Auntie! They played so beautifully and the crowd really enjoyed them. Only regret of the night was that Todd wasn't able to go. We don't really have babysitters on hand. All of our potential babysitters were at the party, so Todd stayed home with the kids. I said countless times throughout the night that I wished Todd was there. I had so much fun, but I know I would have had even more fun if he were there and for that I was sad. Other than that, it was a great celebration of 60 years, Happy Birthday, Auntie Tina!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...