Sunday, June 10, 2012

We found Mentone Beach!

One day we were bored and Taelyn was in a particular mood. Carly, one of my neighbors came over with her son and we decided to go in search of
Mentone Beach. I had heard of it many times and I know lots of people who have been there, but I saw a video of another neighbor, (Scott and Kailey) there this morning, so I asked how to get there and we were off!

This was seriously spontaneous for me. We just hopped in our cars and went looking for it. We couldn't find it at first, but after a numerous amounts of U-turns and walking up a few hills, we found it. Boy, was it unexpected. We had to walk to the water and it was a nice short trail, but Taelyn was NOT about it! She pretty much cried the whole time. When we made it to the water, she was apprehensive, but she stuck her feet in--baby steps

I was surprised at how big the body of water was, so unexpected

Taelyn crying because she didn't want to walk

Taelyn crying because her shoes were getting dirty

Taelyn and Braxdon exploring

My Instagram Shot of the adventure


This was a fun little afternoon adventure. When we got there, there was a whole family there with a gazebo set up on the water and ice chests. They said they go there all the time and that it has been there forever and they were shocked that this was our 1st time. How did I never know about this place?? We will go back again with Todd another time.

When we left, we went to Carly and Braxdon's house to play in Brax's baby pool, to my surprise, Taelyn got in with her clothes on, she just jumped in, I guess playing in the water is good clean fun to her. It also could be all the times we have been in the pool at my brother's house lately. All in all, it was a fun, dirty, spontaneous day!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...