Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Road Trip Part I

Todd's Dad's 60th birthday is coming up on the 22nd, he said all he wanted was all of his kids and grand kids to be together in one place. DONE!
We set off to make the 12 hour drive to Albuquerque, New Mexico, to his sister's house. We broke up our dive by stopping in Yucca to see the house his dad built from the ground up. When we got there, I was so amazed!!! He did an awesome job! It really looks like a house that real professionals made, (not saying that he is not a professional, but ya know what I mean)
Of course I had to pack my boy!

These two slept most of the drive

Taelyn was not happy about getting out of the car

Trent smiling as we got him out to see Grampy and Grammy's house

The Yucca House






I was VERY impressed!
We continued on after we explored the Yucca house. We went to Todd's dad's other house in Williams, Arizona. We decided to break the trip up so that the kids could get a break. 12 hours straight just seemed like too much for a 2 year old and 7 month old. When we got to Williams, we dropped off our stuff and went to find somewhere to eat. We found a little Route 66 Diner to have dinner. For dessert, we had Dairy Queen and headed back to the house to settle in for the night. Todd and I did our usual routine for bed and called it a night. More to come on our trip in the next blog.
The kids on the way to the Williams house, sleeping again :)

The Williams House

Route 66 Diner

Trent was hungry!

Settling in for the night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...