Sunday, March 28, 2010

Our 1st Week as Parents

Our 1st full week of being parents has definitely proven that is it TOUGH!!! I have had so many ups and downs this week. Taelyn Mylanah DiMillo was born on March 20, 2010 at 7:43 am. She was 7 pounds 8 ounces. She had a head full of hair and was absolutely perfect.

Taelyn was everything I thought she would be. She was actually bigger than I thought she would be. She was 3 weeks early, but surprisingly very big. Because she was so healthy, the doctors decided that she was well enough to go home after just one day. On Sunday, right before we were completely discharged I was visited by some old and dear friends. Serena, Pam, Raylea and Jessica. That was such a nice visit. I wish I could have caught up with them more, but that little bit of time was great.

When we got home we were welcomed by a sign made by Shae and Scott on our garage. That was so sweet to see the moment we pulled into the driveway. I was so happy to be home and I just wanted to get Taelyn in the house so she can get used to her surroundings and see Tyson and Tony. We weren't home very long before Apo, Grandpa, Bapa Russell and Auntie Gigi and the kids came to see Taelyn.The 1st day home was wonderful, yet overwhelming because my family alone can really fill a room. When they left, it was just me, Todd and Taelyn with our boys. It was the most amazing feeling. We went to bed shortly after everyone left and boy was it a rough night. Taelyn woke up probably 6 to 7 times over the course of the night. It was hard. I had her in her bassinette, and then after about the 4th time of her waking up, I just put her in the bed with us and that seemed to do the trick. She still woke up, but it wasn't as bad.

Monday we had many more visitors and it was just a nice day at home, we didn't do anything else. I was having a HARD time because I had a ridiculous pain in my neck and nothing helped. It was so horrible I was forced to seek the help of a Chiropractor. At the time, I wasn't sure what he was doing to me. It hurt, then felt better, then hurt and then felt worse. I had x-rays done to see what happened and went home. While I was at the Chiropractor I was having some serious Taelyn withdraws. I was having some separation anxiety. I was in tears because I missed her so much. I wanted to leave the doctor to get back home to my baby. I had Todd send me pictures of her to see what she was doing (sleeping) to make me feel better. Todd said I had to stay and take care of myself so that I could be well enough to take care of Taelyn. He was right, but I was having a slight breakdown.

Tuesday we had our 1st doctor's visit. We went to get blood drawn first, so that the results would be ready when we saw our doctor. Taelyn was very good for her prick, but man, it hurt my heart to see that happening to her. The doctor did NOT have good news for us. Taelyn had Jaundice and needed to go directly into NICU... here came the water works... Todd held it together since I couldn't. We drove back to the hospital that we just left and had to admit our little girl into the NICU. They immediately took off all of her clothes, put some shades over her eyes and got her in her little incubator She didn't seem to mind, but man I was a WRECK. My little baby looked so helpless. I was sad. I stayed with her until they forced me to leave. Todd ran a few arrant but was with us as soon as he finished.
Taelyn was just so calm and pleasant, she had no idea what was in store for her.

This is my MOST favorite picture of her so far. She has her little baby blood pressure cuff and heart monitor and was just ready for anything. Her face is just priceless.
My poor baby... looking at her like this made me so sad *tears*


After a long night with Taelyn in the NICU, we were told her Jaundice was better and that we could take her home!!! We received a bilirubin blanket that we needed to keep her on for the majority of the day and night. I didn't want to have to do that, but this was better than her being in the NICU. I went back to the Chiropractor and found out I had a ruptured disc. There really was nothing we could do about it but give it time to heal. I did a few treatments in the office that seemed to help. I got home as soon as I could to my little girl.

Thursday we didn't do anything at all, we didn't leave the house. Taelyn stayed with her blanket while Todd and I just hung out with each other. It was amazing. I am loving my little family.

Friday we went back to the doctor and and was told Taelyn's jaundice was better, but she still needed to keep her bili-blanket. After we left the doctor's office, we went to lunch at Sizzlers. It was Taelyn's 1st official restaurant visit, she slept the whole time. Uncle Chaz and Tita Jess came over for a visit. It makes me so happy to have people come over and see Taelyn. We had a great visit with them. They got to play with Taelyn... Chaz actually fed Taelyn. He did such a great job. We have such a good baby.



Saturday Taelyn is exactly 1 week old. Todd had opening ceremonies for the softball team he is co-coaching. He wanted me to take the baby to the field for a little while. Taelyn and I went for about 15 minutes and was over it. Taelyn and I left and went to my mom's house. Apo was so excited to see Taelyn. We visited with Apo until Todd's game was over and then we went home. We had many visitors. Stephen and Aimee came over with Allison, Genny a coworker of mine, Tylesha, Marco, Calvin, my mom, Cherry, Chanelle and Junior all came over. It was pretty overwhelming at one point because they were all here together.
After all of that, Shaelyn and Scott had the UFC fight at their house so I made some pigs in a blanket and fruit pizza for Todd to take over. I stayed home with a few of our visitors and Todd, Marco, Calvin and Russell went over. All around great Saturday. It was most definitely a VERY busy and emotional week. I am just so happy to have my little family. I am BLESSED beyond measure. I thank the Lord everyday for everything he has given me and I and just so THANKFUL.Taelyn, my little "GLOW WORM"


Taelyn's 1st smile caught on camera... also while glowing ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on making it through your first week of motherhood :) Being a parent is FULL of ups and downs :) Hope your second week brings you more rest!

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...