Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mom turning 60 and Parenting

My mom is the most amazing person in the world. He 60th birthday is coming up on April 1st. We are throwing her a huge 60th birthday bash. It is going to be a Luau. I was on a super mad dash to get the invitations out for Saturday the 3rd of April. I found the cutest Hibiscus Flower invitation and she "needed" to have her picture on the invitation so I had to find a really cute picture of her in Hawaiian attire. I needed to shrink the picture and cut out circles and put them in the middle of the flower. I thought it would be tacky but when it was done, it actually looked really cute. So this is an example of "What Mama wants Mama gets. "

I do everything that my mom tells me to do, even when I really don't want to. I am reluctant, but I have always done so. When it comes to my mom I am so obedient. I always have been. I never want to disappoint her. Even to this day, her approval is necessary. I want to make her proud, always. I think of this and I hope that I can do the same with my daughter. What did my mom do that made me this way? How did she raise me to be so close to her? What are the key things that she did to make her kids so successful? She has done an amazing job and I have some serious shoes to fill, I think that if I can do half the job that my mom has done for me with Taelyn, then she will be just fine. I am so scared and anxious about how I will parent. I ask her for her help and she doesn't even know! How is that possible? She said that she just showed us love and listened to us... is it really that simple?

Russell and I were talking about it and we, like everyone else just want to be able to raise our kids with the right values, loving, knowing, and having a relationship with the Lord. Well mannered, and grow up to be self efficient and successful adults. Is that too much to ask?

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful things you say about your mom. I feel the same way about my relationship with my own mom. Our relationship runs so deep and I want more than anything for my daughter/son and I to have the same bond. Although,as strange as it sounds, it seems like such a journey to reach that level with my children. I guess we will never know we did really great, until our own children have little moments like you have had when writing this particular blog, and they write something really great about us. That will be one fine day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your mom and taelyn are gonna have the same b day!! COOL!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...