Friday, April 9, 2010

Motherhood's 1st HUGE SCARE

This week started off rough! On Monday, I had the scariest incident of my entire life!!! I was home with Taelyn by myself. Todd had softball practice with his girls. I fed Taelyn, burped her and put her down for a nap. I got up to do some house cleaning. I was in the kitchen putting dishes away and what not, when I hear a little cough, it wasn't loud and it just sounded like she was fine. Tyson came running in the kitchen and jumped on me with both paws and runs back to the living room where Taelyn was. (people who know my house, it is a good 10-15 feet away from the kitchen)

I get to Taelyn and her face was BLUE! It looked like she wasn't breathing.... I was sooo scared, probably the most scared I have ever been in my entire life. I immediately grabbed her and put her on her stomach and started hitting her on the back. She threw up more vomit and bile than I have ever seen in a little baby. Then she let out a huge scream and didn't stop crying for like a half an hour. I tried calling Todd over and over again, but he was on the softball field and couldn't feel his phone, and my mom was at work. I was crying, she was crying, I just did everything I could to calm her down. The fact that she was crying was a good sign for me. She finally calmed down as I got a hold of Todd. He came home and everything was back to normal. When I retold him the story of what happened, I was still very emotional and couldn't get the whole story out without crying. That was such a scary situation. From everyone I talked to I did the right thing, but that was just pure instincts. I guess it is true what they say about motherly instincts kicking in at the right time. I had no idea what I was doing, I just reacted. Taelyn is fine and I am fine, but man, I didn't think we would be at that moment. Thank God we survived!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...