Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Trent's Jake and the Neverland Pirates 2nd Birthday Party

I have no clue where the past couple of months have gone!  September was a blur and October is nearly over.  I, once again have neglected my blog.  I have been busy pretty much every single day for the past few months.  I have had a "bonus baby" at least two, to three times a week since September.  Life has been crazy! Taelyn and Trent are at a fun stage in life.  Trent just turned two on October 10th and as of October 20th, Taelyn hit her 3 and a half year mark. 

As of Trent's two year check up, he is now 29 pounds, 35 1/2 inches tall, 60th percentile for height and weight.  He is putting together three and four word sentences. ( I was worried for a while because he wasn't talking much at all) He is ALL BOY!  He loves playing with cars and trucks.  He is obsessed with Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  He loves wearing hats and wears one pretty much everyday. Just like his Daddy, he has a love for the Dodgers. 

The weekend of his actual birthday, Todd and JJ went to Dallas for a Cowboy's football game. 
 Obviously, Daddy was having a blast!
 Silly Daddy

We were crazy busy with different activities and parties this year that we had to have Trent's birthday Party 10 days after his birthday. We started planning, oh, about three weeks before the party.  I was totally not in the party mood this year, but we pulled it off.  Once it was all said and done, I am so glad we had a great party and everyone enjoyed themselves.  I sent out a Facebook invite and text message, (so tacky, but hey, it did the trick) There were so many people here.  This year, I decided that I was not going to go all out like I usually do and cut costs anywhere I could.  I didn't do the decorating like I would like, I didn't pay much attention to detail, I just kept it simple.  I figured, as long as there is good food, good people and fun things for the kids to do, it will be a success, and boy was I right.  There were hardly any decorations and I don't think anyone even noticed. 

I made well over 100 cookies, and there were NONE left over 
Father and son
 
 Eddie got into the Pirate spirit
The play room was packed to capacity

The Jumper is always a hug hit
Trent took the first hit of the pinata 
 Braxdon
 Taelyn
 Tylia

There were so many kids! After every kid had a shot at the Pinata, I gave it a go!
I have to note, I was quite proud of myself because I knew EVERY SINGLE kid's name!
 It was a scramble after we opened the pinata
 It was a struggle to get a family picture, this is the best we got :(
 Taelyn wasn't feeling the picture, so she ditched us and we got a good one of the three of us
Happy 2nd Birthday, Tank!



I really have no clue how many people were at the party, I just know it was an amazing turn out and my little man was showered with love.  He had so much fun! I do know we have the best family and friends anyone could ever ask for!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...