Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Tuesday is NOT my Favorite Day of the Week

I have decided that Tuesdays are my least favorite day of the week.  Taelyn and Trent have gymnastics on Tuesday mornings.  Taelyn's class is at 10am-10:45am and Trent's is at 10:45am-11:30am.  It really and truly is exhausting for ME.  The whole time during Taelyn's class, I am wrangling Trent.  It takes everything in me to keep him off of the gymnastics floor.  He runs around that place like a mad man.  He knows how to open the door that leads to the parking lot and goes for the door every chance he gets.  If he is not trying to escape outside, he is climbing the chairs and invading the personal space of the parents trying to watch their kids in class.  The worst part of this is, I can't watch Taelyn, who so desperately is seeking my approval and admiration of the tricks she does.  I just can't take my eyes off of Trent for not even a second, he can't be trusted!

When that long 45 minutes are over, its time for Trent's class.  One would think that he goes out to the gymnastics floor willingly, but noooo, since Taelyn is sitting quietly watching videos or playing games on my phone, he wants to be where she is and wants nothing to do with his class.  I spend the first 10 minutes of Trent's class, trying to get him interested in the equipment, like the trampoline and the bars.  Once he is focused on his class, Taelyn screams my name to tell me that her game is over and she wants to play something else.  So I run back to her and assist her and once again, Trent is distracted by his sister and wants to be with her instead of pay attention to his class.  And repeat my first 10 minutes of class, this goes on for 45 minutes!!  LONGEST HOUR AND A HALF OF MY LIFE!!!

By the time class is over for both of them, I am beat!  We usually  go to my mom's house for lunch, so she can occupy them and I can rest a bit.  Then we go home for naps.  Taelyn hasn't napped for about 3 months now, so it is "quiet time" for her while the baby sleeps.  During this time, I try to catch up on laundry or house work and before I know it, its time for Jazz.  Taelyn has Jazz at 5pm-5:45pm and Ballet at 5:45-6:30pm, so we need to leave by 4:30 to go ten minutes away so I can find parking and get both kids out of the car and into the studio on time.  It really is an exhausting process.  While Taelyn is in class, I am in the lobby entertaining Trent, once again, I am unable to watch her or see her progress because I am wrangling him. We walk up and down State Street multiple times to pass the time.  I take him into stores only to play as an invisible force field to everything he might touch.   Again, the LONGEST HOUR AND A HALF OF MY LIFE!!!

When Taelyn is done with dance, we rush home to have dinner which is often chicken nuggets or a sandwich because by now, I am too exhausted to make anything.  I feed them quickly and get them upstairs and in the bath.  This is usually the time Todd comes home from work.  He helps me get them out of the tub and brushes their teeth, which is a chore I would love to just never have to do. This is when I can take a quick shower.  Todd plays with them for about 20-30 minutes since he hasn't seen them all day, when really, I just want them to go to bed!  Todd tucks Taelyn in her bed and prays with her while Trent nurses, (Yes, he is two and he is STILL nursing) When I put him in his crib, I literally fall into my bed and Todd looks at me and asks me if I'm tired?  I sarcastically say, "Noooo, not at all, but don't even think about getting close to me, I just want to sleep."  After about 3 months of this happening, I realized, I get anxiety every Tuesday morning because I am dreading the day ahead.  So yup, Tuesday is NOT my favorite day of the week!

*I have NO pictures of these events because I didn't have the time to capture any of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...