Thursday, October 24, 2013

Two Days At Disneyland

At the beginning of October, we went to Disneyland two days in a row.  We went on Monday with the kids and then again on Tuesday with our friends, Ryan and Lea.  I have never been to Disneyland during the fall when they have all of the Halloween decorations up, so this was a new experience for me as well as the kids.  The weather was pretty perfect, not too hot or too cold.  The sun was shining so brightly all day, the kids looked so cute in their shades.  This is the first time Taelyn has kept her glasses on all day without wanting to take them off.  Trent happily wears his glasses pretty much daily. 
 Waiting to get on Mater's ride.  A first for all of us.  Trent was tall enough this trip!
Sulley from Monster's University 
 Taelyn LOVES Snow White
The line for the Mickey Pumpkin was way too long, so this worked for us :)
 We had a blast with the kids, but going to Disneyland on a date with my hubby was excellent!
We got to go on the rides we can't go on with the kids.  It was like we were seeing a whole new Disneyland. Todd and I never went to Disneyland when we were dating, and every other time we went, we had kids with us, so this was a completely new experience.  It was kinda nice not having to push a stroller, change a diaper, worry about who was hungry or not hungry, who wants to do what.  It was fun to not have to worry about the littles.
We met up with Ryan and Lea.  It was like we were teenagers again.
 What was even better, we partook in some adult beverages in the middle of the day!
 It was such a beautiful day!
 Double Date Day!
 The Pumpkin Mickey
 Lea and I are both standing on the curb and I'm on my tip toes and our hubby's still tower over us :)
After Disneyland, we went to Umami Burger for dinner
 Then to Anaheim Brewery
I believe every married couple with children need to get away and have a great time with great friends and get the time to miss the kids and get reacquainted with each other.  By the end of the day, I missed my babies terribly, but I felt so refreshed and happy to be able to spend that time with my husband.  We got home in time to get the kids ready for bed and get in the snuggles that we missed during the day.  It was a great two days at Disneyland!

1 comment:

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...