Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Bunch of Random Updates


~Trent was super sick for about a day and a half with a fever of 105.9.  He was acting as if nothing was wrong.  If he wasn't burning hot, I would have never known he was sick.  I took him to the doctor and they told me, it was Roseola, after observing him for the following week, I don't think he was diagnosed correctly.  He was fine right after the initial day. He never got a rash, or acted as if he wasn't feeling well. 

~Taelyn got a fever of 104.5 about three days after Trent.  It lasted about 12 hours.  She was fine as well.  Whatever virus they were fighting, it came and went quickly!

~We went to Yucaipa Regional Park with some friends
 ~Trent started gymnastics at My Gym
 Little monkey swinging from the rope

 ~Taelyn started Ballet and Jazz. This is Trent watching her.  For some reason, all I have is videos of Taelyn from class, no pictures :(
Grammy and Grampy came for a visit.  They brought Taelyn a puzzle
 Grampy getting some Taelyn snuggles
 Trent got his hair cut.  He did really well.  We gave him some grapes and he sat perfectly still. 
Trent looks like such a big man with his hair so short.  His little baby curls are gone :( 
 
~We went to visit Todd's Aunt, Uncle and Cousins in Costa Mesa, this was one of the two pictures I took

 This is the other picture I took that day.  Trent with his cousin's helmet on
~We had a yard sale last Saturday.  Obviously, Trent was super helpful
 ~Tylia, Taelyn's bestest friend, came over for a visit after the yard sale.  I think they are ready for football season
 When Tylia left, we went to the Drive-In Theater with the cousins to see Planes
~For about a month now, Taelyn is no longer a thumb sucker!!!  You have no idea how happy I am to report this.  I despised the fact she sucked her thumb.  Not only did she suck her thumb, but she also would bite her nails.  I was going crazy trying to think of ways to get her to stop.  I used every trick in the book, lemons, hot sauce, gloves, tape, I even used Mavala Stop (really bitter tasting nail polish) That didn't work.  One day we were at my mom's house and Taelyn asked her to paint her nails and so my mom said that if she stopped sucking her thumb and biting her nails, she would paint them every time she saw her... by golly if that didn't do the trick! Taelyn stopped that very second.  Her desire to have pretty nails and toe nails outweighed her desire to bite and suck her thumb.  She has amazing will power for a three year old. 

~For the past four days, I have been feeling pretty crumby.  I don't know what is wrong with me.  I am tired ALL. DAY. LONG.  I wake up tired, I feel like I am a zombie for the whole day and as soon as the kids go to bed, I crash.  I have zero energy.  I am light headed with a nagging headache that won't go away.  It's not like a migraine, more like a throbbing feeling in the back of my eyes that is never ending.  I would like to go to the doctor, but unfortunately, I don't have anyone to watch my kids while my husband is at work.  Being a stay at home mom, I don't really get any time away, so I sit in a funk, trying not to lose my patience with my kids, who seem to think I am a human jungle gym, I drive them to their various activities, and just soldier up because I have no other choice.  They don't understand that I don't feel well.  Like every season, this will pass. 

~Yesterday's So You Think You Can Dance is over, so Taelyn is now crawling on top of the laptop, trying to get my attention.  I guess my pity party is over.  Tomorrow will be a better day, I'm sure.  As for today, I think I need to go to Urgent Care.   Until the next time I have a moment to myself....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...