Thursday, June 6, 2013

Back to Blogging: Water Color

I know, I know, I have taken a long hiatus from blogging, not because I didn't want to, but because I was trying to be cautious about what I put out there into the universe about my life. I blog mostly because I treat it like journal. I have always documented my life through journals, but those have always been private. I had a situation in December where my candidness was questioned and it created a lot of unnecessary drama. I don't want that to ever happen again, but I have certainly learned a LOT about those who I let into my world. I am not really a private person, so what you see is what you get. I have decided that I am not going to let one person stop me from documenting my life and sharing it. I am happy (except for my monthly tragedies) I feel like I should share it with everyone, especially my friends and family who genuinely care about me and the happenings of my life.

With all of that being said, after naps today, I pulled out the water colors for Taelyn and Trent and I was reminded of a not so great mommy moment with water color nearly one year ago. I was NOT that crazy OCD mommy today. I actually was laid back, I let them color the way they wanted to, when Trent tried to drink the dirty paint water, I didn't overreact and yell, I just took it away from his mouth, told him yucky and let him continue to paint. I have to say, I am VERY proud of myself and I feel like I have made some serious progress. I just had to document it.
Trent was LOVING this activity

Taelyn was a painting Diva

They painted so well together, we may make this something we do more often

3 comments:

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...